ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying rattle in my 182!

Titanium 182
Iv got a rattle at the moment coming from the back of my car at the drivers side, at first i thought it was the parcel shelf when going over bumps, so i removed that and went for a drive it was still there, removed a few other bits from the boot too and it was still there!

the rattling has got worse over the last month as if something has worked its way loose as it seems to be doing it on smooth surfaces where the car is bobbling rather than bumping over (if you get me!), anyways had another look today when i got in from work and it appears that the rear door cards could be rattling against something, the both seem pretty loose when you tug at them a bit, especially the drivers side one!

just wondering if anyone else has had this? or where are the fixings on the rear door cards so i can check them/ tighten them!

thanks Dean

Titanium 182
fletch could actually be the boot catch, decided i dont think its the door cards and with the parcel shelf out the noise is definately loads louder!

tayor my car has the normal rattles but this ones got a bit loud and noticable to passengers even lol

any ideas if theres a cure for it?

Clio 172
Ive had an annoying rattle from just behind the drivers head for a long while, sounds like its coming from around the the grab handle area but I've never got in the back and tried to find it, would be interested in a solution.

Titanium 182
after another look and getting my missus to drive the car with me in the back, the noise totally stopped, which made me think it was something to do with the rear seats as it stopped when i was sitting on it!

so i now think the rattle is the drivers side rear bench, i think its the bit that the bench clicks into as i un clipped the drivers side half and pushed it down and went for a drive and it appears to have gone!

Titanium 182
sorted it, it was the drivers side rear seat mechanism rattling like mad, so now iv put a bit of sponge in beetween the seat and the bit where it clips into place and this has stopped it!

you still got your car mike?

RB 200 Cup!
my passenger seat has started to rattle - f***s me off but thats the least of my probs with the car....

Clio 172
Renaults are built like s**t - the interior especially (but ya gotta love 'em!!)

I went for a scientific fix - wedged small bits of card between the rattling plastic interior panels. Worked a treat...;)

Maz

LY 200
I have a rattle in the rear and front of my car, probably very easy to fix but cant be bothered, I just turn the music up.