ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.2 project thread! (Pic Heavy)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Finally got round to getting my photos uploaded and (kinda) edited.

Brought this car from a oldish lady owner for £1.2k. It's 2000, Mk2, 1.2, Phase 1, Grande RN.

It's got 75k miles on the clock and is currently completely standard as you'd expect from a pensioner ;)
Really pleased with it so far, but have devised a list of changes that I plan to make just to make it that extra bit special and not so old looking ;)

CarStock-1.jpg

CarStock-3.jpg

CarStock-2.jpg

CarStock-7.jpg

CarStock-9.jpg

Rocking the cassette player!!...

CarStock-5.jpg

Don't worry, I got rid of this sticker immediately. Still, you know you're onto a winner in a second hand car when there is that sticker in the back ;)

CarStock-6.jpg

This is the only thing wrong with the exterior, but you don't really notice it until you get close up. But it'll get sorted shortly

CarStock-8.jpg

Kinda hard to capture this in a picture, but the right hand side of the display is slightly dimmer than the left, anyone know what this is?

Plans are as follows:

• Dual Optic front lights (Purchased from Budgie, just awaiting delivery)
  • Phase 2 rear lights (Sat in my room waiting to be fitted will be doing it this weekend I hope)
  • Clear side indicators (Again, sat in my room waiting to be fitted)
  • All round clear vision indicator bulbs to go with the new lights, just waiting for them to arrive.
  • Lower it, will try for coil overs but depends on how much money I have ;)
  • Alloys, got some 16" 182 alloys sitting on the drive from my brothers Clio. But they need referbing and need some tires. Think that I'm just going to wait and get some 15" F1's.
  • New HU, planning on an Alpine just need to get some money!
  • New number plates, think I'm going to stick with the same size. Just need some new ones as the old ones a pretty sh*tty!

Few other bits and bobs that I'll post when I think of them :)

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

peugeot 205 Gti
It's done 75000 but I bet you that engines in pretty good shape!! If it has had an old lady driver and spesh with that sticker that was in rear. I would probs rip that dash out and our newer mk2 in, looks pretty simple in doing plus there's a guide on here but probs expensive unless you find a decent breaking one on ebay or sumet.. Hid xenons? Led interior lights? And if you think your rear ends in bad shape check mine out.. although its getting fixed monday! Thank f*ck. And that thing with your clock, sometimes it comes a bit lose at the back hence the darker bit, not sure how to get to it but have a look on here..

The bulb in the clock display might have gone mate. I had the same prob but both bulbs went. you gotta take the dashboard off! or cut through the top(what i did) will get a pic for you if you like! Yes, with bulbs gone.. it's very fustrating!

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
I would definitely go with F1s. 182 alloys are not a good look.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Might just the 182 alloys up and stick them in for sale ;)

It's done 75000 but I bet you that engines in pretty good shape!! If it has had an old lady driver and spesh with that sticker that was in rear. I would probs rip that dash out and our newer mk2 in, looks pretty simple in doing plus there's a guide on here but probs expensive unless you find a decent breaking one on ebay or sumet.. Hid xenons? Led interior lights? And if you think your rear ends in bad shape check mine out.. although its getting fixed monday! Thank f*ck. And that thing with your clock, sometimes it comes a bit lose at the back hence the darker bit, not sure how to get to it but have a look on here..

Yeah the engine seems sublime. Really good to drive and it's only a 1.2! She's had the car since new and just used it as a run around, been serviced by the same garage for its entire life :eek:.

The bulb in the clock display might have gone mate. I had the same prob but both bulbs went. you gotta take the dashboard off! or cut through the top(what i did) will get a pic for you if you like! Yes, with bulbs gone.. it's very fustrating!

Dammit! Well, that'll have to go on the back burner for a bit. Don't have the time to rip out the entire dash just for the sake of 1 LED! Thanks for letting me know though :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Finally got round to adding the PH2 rear lights, think they make the back end look so much better! (Thanks Clio_Stu!)

CarStock-10.jpg

CarStock-11.jpg

Now just need to fit the side indicators, and the dual optics when they arrive.

Also the silvervisons as well, which I think will really complete the lighting section of the project :)

Going to post this on the Exterior section of the forums, but will post it here too.

I found that only the right hand side rear fog lights and reversing lights worked. Is this just how it is with the conversion or are both sides supposed to work?

Definitely have the wiring correctly and both sides indicators, tail lights and brake lights worked.

Also it looked like both tailights were a bit dim? Will go and have another look later when it's dark just to see.

EDIT: I did try changing the bulbs just to make sure they wern't blown. But they were definitely working.

Last edited:
  peugeot 205 Gti
What side indicators did you go for, just standard because I've just bought some off ebay, smoke black ones. I'll put pic on later, and could you pm me about the 1*2 alloys? Good idea on the rear lights looking good..

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
What side indicators did you go for, just standard because I've just bought some off ebay, smoke black ones. I'll put pic on later, and could you pm me about the 1*2 alloys? Good idea on the rear lights looking good..

Went for some clear ones with clear bulbs, didn't really fancy smoked :) Plus I think they go nicely with the Ph2 rear lights :)

Renault Clio 1.2
Looking good mate!
where did you get the silver visions for the back and front from?
would love a decent set mate
cheers

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Grande too, bought it exactly the same as you did, but with a CD player and mystery Renault alloys. Keeping my eye on this thread ;)

If you ever remove those OEM mudflaps, I'll take 'em. I need mudflaps but don't want to nail Sparco shower curtains behind each wheel.

You will like the dual optics ;)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Looking good mate!
where did you get the silver visions for the back and front from?
would love a decent set mate
cheers

Cheers,

I got my silvervisons from Powerbulbs.co.uk they also have a 10% discount if you fork up the £12 for Cliosport.net membership, which I would highly recommend ;)

They're "Philips Silver Vision PY21W Styling Indicator Bulbs" on the website set me back £23 in total, I've seen that you can get cheap ones for ~£5 from Ebay, but decided to go for a well known manufacturer instead of some randomer from Ebay after having "interesting" Ebay experiences, but its your choice! They also included some free clear side indicator ones aswell, but I grabbed silvervisions for those as I fitted my clear side indicators (Will post pics this weekend).

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Looking good, always nicer when you know the car's had a good driver it's whole life. Look forward to seeing what you do with it, I'm liking the idea of the P2 Dash.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ph2 172 rear bumper would look good on that along with a dynamique/cup spoiler :) I'll keep an eye on this :) I don't think you're too far from me either are you?

Last edited:
  1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Ph2 172 rear bumper would look good on that along with a dynamique/cup spoiler :) I'll keep an eye on this :) I don't think you're too far from me either are you?

Yes, I am (very) far from you :p Chichester is right on the south coast in West Sussex. Literally next to Goodwood :)

Was thinking about the 172 bumper and will defo be getting a cup spoiler. Just need to prioritise!

Thinking Alloys first, then a decent headunit as I'm already tired of the Cassette :p Currently got one of the Cassette adapters that you can plug an MP3 into, which isn't too bad. But it's annoying as hell :p

Thank alot mate,
and i have the exact same clock problem? if you do manage to sort it or get the dash off you may want to change the bubls on the speedo display etc looks pretty good seen it on another thread?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?618325-Henrys-1-2-non-sport&p=8532276#post8532276
sorted my nocking sound the stabiliser bar bush had corroded away :race:

No I haven't got round to sorting it yet. But yes when I do it I'll be changing the LED's in the dash and clock to make it look better :) Was thinking Blue or Green to make things interesting ;)