ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 197 thread....

Chocolate Bar™
Saw my first one on the road today in the silvery colour they do, and i have to say i was dissapointed. It sounded rough as fook, and i had to look twice before i could properly identify it as one, really wasnt anything special. Some young c**k from holdcrofts driving it though, prob knackered it already. Anyone else dissapointed?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i think immediate sales are going to be dissapointing for Renault, its overpriced and they have priced it out of a young person's market IMHO.

Chocolate Bar™
FredYozzasport said:
wait til you drive it!!!!! (yes its slow, but its the best handling FWD car i've driven)

lmao, dont think holdcrofts will give me a test drive after i sued them ;) may have to make a trip to macclesfield.....

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
got my test drive on the 13th. i agree, it is a bit too steep for the young male audience ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i think it will sell, just not at the current prices. I had a test-drive at the weekend but it wasn't long enough to make any bold statements, I wasn't impressed but it wasn't a good test, just an overall first impression. I have never questioned the looks, I like it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah for sure it will sell, at the right price... but at he moment its a bit too much. i expect renault will up the standard spec to tempt people tbh.

Chocolate Bar™
^ you see i loved the looks in the show room, but on the road, compared to the 182/172 it just looked and sounded dull to be honest. Maybe i'm just getting old and dont like change lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the initial £15995 price is just a tad over reasonable IMO, but then when you bring it up to spec and add a couple of extras you are easily into the £17-18k bracket.

Chocolate Bar™
^ exactly they've priced into a completly new arena of cars, most of which are prob better.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
if I choose to go for it (still debating at the moment) I will go for a mk2 v6 over the 197/megane.

FredYozzasport said:
and rob a bank to run either, especially the V6!!!

I don't find the V6 expensive to run :)

23mpg is not to bad...... ;)

Simon

The 197 is TO TALL......looks like a people carrier ;)

I will only be getting another clio if they make a V6 version.....otherwise will move away from Renault as I don't like any of their other cars :)

Renault clio16v phase 2
Middo said:
^ you see i loved the looks in the show room, but on the road, compared to the 182/172 it just looked and sounded dull to be honest. Maybe i'm just getting old and dont like change lol
Well come on face it nothin sounds as good as the original 16v. Awesome!!!:rasp:

Renault Clio Williams
I saw my first 1 last night on the blue, i had the same problem couldnt even tell the differnce till i took a second look and saw the clio sport badge, didnt even look really quick and sounded abit poo no renault roar like with all others, plus went up against him in my williams, and well, i dunno if he bottled it coz it was a spankin new car but i dominated that bad boy i think it may have been dadys car coz he looked bout 18 with sum totty in the car, but yea i really dnt like em at all apart from the v6 photoshops people done on here!, i wont be buying 1, i think renault will have a shock when they realise "s**t what have we created!" lol