ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another clio rear ended

RenaultSport 172
Last night coming home from work my car was hit by a massive daewoo 4x4. I'd say 100% write off, what do you think?

Fantom087296171294.jpg

Fantom747617571.jpg

Really annoyed. Neck is sore but not too bad. You can't see in the pictures but the bonnet is bent, grill and bumper damaged from the car infront i was pushed onto.

Car was picked up this morning, I just got back from getting my hire car, a 2008 mondeo (feels huge!!)
Any ideas how much money I will be offered? I get the feeling its gonna be tough to get a decent amount back.

Think I will be getting another 172. But I'm thinking maybe a cup. I think I'll miss the xenons and auto lights/wipers and digital climate control, but I never had any of them before the clio so I'm sure I'll get over it.
All depends on how much I can get as a settlement.

Regards
Steve

RenaultSport 172
I am extra gutted cos its not even 2 weeks since I had to fit a KTR stealth cos the standard exhaust fell in half.
Also you'll notice the cobra misanos in there, got to swap them back for the standard seats. The force of the crash bent the subframe!!!

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
what a nightmare! 4x4's pain in the neck...
looks really great car........ who you insured with....?

RenaultSport 172
Gonna let the neck settle first. It was sore this morning but no where near as bad as when I had a similar accident in my impreza.
If its ok tomorrow I won't bother. Had a bit of a headache all day though, but I hardly slept at all last night so thats not helping.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
" Neck is sore but not too bad "

u mean ur neck is in absolute agony and u cant move it!!! Get the 4x4 for everything u can!!

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
" Neck is sore but not too bad "

u mean ur neck is in absolute agony and u cant move it!!! Get the 4x4 for everything u can!!

yes as above,

someone would do it to you, if you hit them, get doctors appointment etc, make sure you got plenty of pics for the insurance, to prove how nice it was before the accident, all helps, i got extra £500 out of my insurance as i had loads of photos and bills... etc

RenaultSport 172
I've been through all that whiplash claiming stuff before a couple of years ago. But then it really hurt and I couldn't lift my head from the pillow in the morning.
Today it hurts but not half as much as how it was before. Will only bother if it carries on for a few days. I've always had a problem with my neck since that accident a couple of years ago.

RenaultSport 172
PS: got plenty of photos. The thing was mint, and the paintwork was perfect, hardly any swirls or chips etc.

C

Clio_Craig

:( such a shame
looked stunnning m8
hope ur neck gets better and it all gets sorted

RB 182
Swap everything you can back off it, when my 172 got crashed into it was the last time i saw it as the insurance lost the car - no joke! It turned up in a salvage yard in Blackburn, i had to ring them and get them to get out my belongings, but it still had its 182 wheels on, ITG, KTec Stealth etc

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
Gutted mate. Deffinately! get your self to the docs though. As people have already said, anyone else would stick in a personal injury claim if you had hit them.

Ouch! That doesnt look good. Any pics of the front end damage? Most probably write it off due to the age of the car.

Shame it didnt destroy those lexarse lights ;)

Hope you feel better soon.

LY V6 with Recaros
Gutted, doesn't look good :(

Hope your neck feels better, get to the docs like others have said.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
fook sake that looks bad mate, such a shame:dapprove: what speed was the person roughly doing as it looks fair mashed :dapprove:

RenaultSport 172
I have no idea. Seen some similar ones for sale for nearly £6k but they must be jokers. I'd say more like just over £5k

RenaultSport 172
Swap everything you can back off it, when my 172 got crashed into it was the last time i saw it as the insurance lost the car - no joke! It turned up in a salvage yard in Blackburn, i had to ring them and get them to get out my belongings, but it still had its 182 wheels on, ITG, KTec Stealth etc

Got everything out of it apart from the seats and the exhaust. I spoke to the garage about the seats and bloke said I can swap them back as long as I put the normal ones in. Thats no problem as they are in my garage, but how I'm going to get them over to them etc I don't know.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
yeah so do I. bet there was hardly a scrach on the 4x4, i was hit by a big skoda and all the damage he had was a broken numberplate:evil:

RenaultSport 172
Correct, the 4x4 looked pretty much fine! Just goes to show why people buy them. They certainly are safe for it's occupants. Just not so safe for whoever they hit.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
maybe not be a write off mate i done this, many people said it would get wrote off due to the car only being worth £3500 approx. the estimate came in at £3000 and got the go ahead on repairs, obv yours is a sport and some parts are dearer but look at it this way youve got about £5000 to play with, all depends on structual damage.
DSC00168Large.jpg

user_online.gif

RenaultSport 172
I think the front is a lot stronger than the rear though. Its quite possible my rear suspension is buggered and I know for sure the boot floor is severely bent. They'd have to cut the whole back of the car off to fix it. I just can't see how they would bother. I'm sure it will be a throw away job.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
I am extra gutted cos its not even 2 weeks since I had to fit a KTR stealth cos the standard exhaust fell in half.
Also you'll notice the cobra misanos in there, got to swap them back for the standard seats. The force of the crash bent the subframe!!!

that dont sound good :(

So many people are getting rear ended by incompetent drivers, why aren't the government doing anything about this? Yet they have gone all out to stop people speeding when only a tiny percentage of accidents are caused by it.

Gargh... Anyway, best of luck with recovery and I hope the car is sorted for you.

Shed.
PS: got plenty of photos. The thing was mint, and the paintwork was perfect, hardly any swirls or chips etc.

Bugger sint it, i hope it wasnt your fault. id be full on gutted and crying if my car eneded up like that.

Just buy another one and get it the way you want it again, its like breaking up with a girlfriend, youll get over it once youve got yourself occupied with another one. !

Bad times mate.

Pisser that!

Not sure if anyone's said it yet, but thats what happens when you have lexus lights ;)

Seriously though, hope you get a good pay out.

RenaultSport 172
Car was confirmed a write off today. Got to go there on Saturday to get my cobra seats out and stick the standard ones in.