ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another dash conversion done

Clio 182 arctic
hi guys, jut thought i would share a few photos of my dash. i chose to do it all in blue as the car is an arctic 182, i think it suits it well. you will have to forgive the photos, there not very good but you get the general idea.
it still needs a few tweaks to the clock display yet but i think its oryt 4 now.

radiocc.gif

wheelclocks.gif

dashclocksblue-1.gif

Clio 182 arctic
ye i know, the pictures are awful tbh. my phone camera is all scratched up. it took me almost a day for everything.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Looks mint mate, have been wanting to do this since i got my car but havn't got round to it. What bulbs did you use for the clock display? Do you know if there's anythin you can to prevent the light looking like it's coming out in 2 blobs?

Clio 182 arctic
Looks mint mate, have been wanting to do this since i got my car but havn't got round to it. What bulbs did you use for the clock display? Do you know if there's anythin you can to prevent the light looking like it's coming out in 2 blobs?

im sure jaffa182 or richy22 will know how to sort it out but i tried for a good while with no success. for the climate control display i sanded down the orange filter and put 2pieces of tracing paper behind and its come out well.
the bulbs i got from halfrauds, called prism or something. £4.99. quite expensive tbh.
for the rest of it it cost me £20 and i still have loads spare. so £25 all in isnt 2 bad.

2001 Clio 172
Looks class mate! I want this done but wouldnt trust myself to do it! Not sure if there's anyone in north east who does them. Top job dude!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
im sure jaffa182 or richy22 will know how to sort it out but i tried for a good while with no success. for the climate control display i sanded down the orange filter and put 2pieces of tracing paper behind and its come out well.
the bulbs i got from halfrauds, called prism or something. £4.99. quite expensive tbh.
for the rest of it it cost me £20 and i still have loads spare. so £25 all in isnt 2 bad.

Thats the only problem i have - the clock display. If i was going to do it i'd want to get it all done at the same time, but wouldnt want to do it untill i figure out a way of spreading the light evenly. Did you try rubbing down the edges of the bulbs?

Clio 182 arctic
2bh with you im no electrician, far fom it. i bought 100 smd's as i was told i would defo need spares and only needed to use 2 extra above what was actually needed, so im still left with like 50 spare. i havnt soldered anything for like 7 years (year 9 electronics ftw). it wasnt as difficult as i first imagined it would be, just fiddly and time consuming.

Clio 182 arctic
Thats the only problem i have - the clock display. If i was going to do it i'd want to get it all done at the same time, but wouldnt want to do it untill i figure out a way of spreading the light evenly. Did you try rubbing down the edges of the bulbs?

i never tried rubbing the bulbs no. atm its got the filter that i sanded down and two pieces of tracing paper. its still not ideal mind, i believe someone mentioned putting a thin layer of white paint on the filter plate. but i ran out of patience before i remembered that.
its only a 10min job to remove the dash so if i find a solution i shall be ripping it apart again.

Megane 225
all you need to do to stop it looking like there are light blobs is get two of the orange bits, sand them both down then put them both in. i tried the tracing paper as well but the double screen works brilliantly! I have only changed the clock and the electric window switches on mine, needing to take out an in dash dvd player to get at the heater controls, so will be a whole day job:( also the dials will be a total mare.

Civic Type S GT
Should have a Preston meet soon, what you reckon? Last time we had one we meet up at walton fox then drove to beacon fell, was a good laugh!

Clio 182 arctic
all you need to do to stop it looking like there are light blobs is get two of the orange bits, sand them both down then put them both in. i tried the tracing paper as well but the double screen works brilliantly! I have only changed the clock and the electric window switches on mine, needing to take out an in dash dvd player to get at the heater controls, so will be a whole day job:( also the dials will be a total mare.

well i can get hold of some clear antiglare pvc from work. its only 1.5mm thick so i will cut it to size and try that. its similar to the material the filter is on if not the same,
cheers

Clio 182 arctic
Should have a Preston meet soon, what you reckon? Last time we had one we meet up at walton fox then drove to beacon fell, was a good laugh!

maybe mate ye, ive not been to any of the meets as yet. my weekend are usually taken tho. it would be good to hear that yozza of yours as i may be in the marker for an exhaust in a couple of months. i could do with layin to rest all the speculation regarding the volume of it.

Civic Type S GT
No problem matey, have a listen anytime. I live in Garstang but I work in Preston and i'm always in Preston area so just let me know.

clio 182 black /gold
Hey that looks real good. :). The first piccy looked like a spaceship when it loaded up.