ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another new 197 on it's way

White 197
We had an opportunity to upgrade our 197 and looked at the following possibilities

1. Another 197 with upgraded spec
2. A new Impreza WRX - ugly but a very impressive drive
3. A Leon Cupra - MoH thought it ugly
4. Focus ST2 - Reputation for having a drink problem

In the end it came down to another 197 or the Impreza and after having an Impreza 3 years ago I really thought MoH would pick this car, after all when he came out of a 330D last September he wasn't totally blown away by the idea of a 197.

Well the final choice was:

2008 Clio 197 with revised gearbox
Glacier White
Darkened Glass
Raider Wheels
Cup Chassis
Recaro's
Electric Folding Mirrors
Satin Pack
Auto Wipers/Lights
Cornering Headlamps

White 197
£15,995. List price was £18,070 but they had forgotten it had cornering lights fitted so list price was more.

Best deal I was offered was £14,120 minus recaro, satin pack, folding mirrors, auto wipers/lights, cornering lights. The downside is the car wouldnt have been available until April and we would have had to do an 800 mile round trip to get it.

Overall we are very happy.

White 197
Sounds great Catherine. What does the satin pack consist of?

Well thats the only bit of the car we are not fussed about because it really doesn't work on a white car.

Matt Silver door handles, wing vents and door mirror casings.

It would look superb on a black one, but probably not much else.

Golf R
cracking spec... not a bad price, £6k cost to change is a bit steep but hey if you can afford it i say why not. Recaro's and cup packs will be a big difference over your current 197

White 197
Well the cost to change was £2,000 and we put in £1,000 as a deposit. The monthly payment hasn't changed mainly because of the massive improvement in interest rate by using Capital Bank. I have concluded that Motorpoint are only any good if you are buying for cash. Their finance rate is not good.

Lee

BMW M2C
Urrrg, the silver wing mirrors do look nasty against white. Still, those few bits are easily sorted. You might even find someone who will do a straight swap with you.

I think they're also part of the lux pack.

I purchased a 172 from Motorpoint in 2003 for cash. I traded it in 15 months later and did very well on the trade in for a new main dealer supplied 182.

White 197
newclio.gif

White 197
Yes, it had only been in the showroom a day when we said we wanted it. It then took another week before we had a test drive in an R27 to make sure we liked the seats and chassis. Another week for it to be prepared and a parrot kit to be put in it.

cock mobile.
Nice spec, is the change costing much?

We got £10K for our import Clio. We were offered £10,500 against the Impreza, I didn't think it was too bad when we only paid £12,999 for it in the first place.

Jees, seems like a lot of extra cash to me for not a lot of change.

But I guess if you've got the cash why not, it's there to be spent :approve:

White 197
Well I have to be honest I hadn't expected he would want to have another Clio. I had thought he would have gone for the Impreza. This had started out as an upgrade to the next level and then when he saw this Clio he decided that he preferred it to everything else on the list.