ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another new problem with the new 172 lol

Golf TDI
its under complete warranty so there is no worries as i think iv got a bargain with all the tiny things iv got the garage to do !! lol but basically there is a very loud rattling noise coming from my engine on the drivers side :S any ideas what this could be ?? going to the garage monday and going to let them no .

Golf TDI
even when its stood still ?? just on the drivers side when ticking over a rather loud rattle

Golf TDI
i havnt got one sorry :( only got the car today lol quite a few problems :( but i have to say im loving it even though !! rapid .

Golf TDI
^^^ helpful :( im trying to describe it the best i can it sounds like a belt or something going round then knocking something on the way constantly , tapping/rattling ! only on drivers side .

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
^^^ helpful :( im trying to describe it the best i can it sounds like a belt or something going round then knocking something on the way constantly , tapping/rattling ! only on drivers side .

carbon cannistor?​

Is it more like a ticking (more so when stopped)? If so, then could be the carbon cannistor although that is behind the passenger side fog light.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
All your belts are that side, Aux and Cam, Could be a Noise from the dephaser Pully which would mean new belts needed.

Golf TDI
how much do you think it would be for all the belts to be changed ? renault ? and say a backstreet place ?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Renault best part of £800, Independent £600ish (Guess work though as not had mine done yet)