ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Newbie with a 172

Renault Clio 172 16v
Hi All

Just purchased a Clio 172 last week, fantastic car.

I've just got a couple of questions:

1. Renault serviced the car before I picked it up, but I checked the oil level this morning, and they have seemed to have over filled the oil. I would say its between 8 - 9 mm over on the dip stick. Should I drop some of the oil out, or should it be fine?

2. I've also got a constant noise in the car (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - like a motor sound). I've located the noise and its coming from around the light area on the roof of the car. I've unclipped the light and surround and there seem to be a little motor with a sensor in the end. Should it be making this noise?, and whats it for??

Other than this, I love the car, very nippy, and handles fantastic.

Been searching through the Cliosport Forum, and there is some really useful information on here.

The only thing I've done mod wise is change the headunit, and add some silvatec bulbs (looks so much better with the chrome bulbs). There will be more to come no doubt.

Thanks

Daz:)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
hi and wecome!

as for 1. if the car was cold then you should drop it a bit! prob be ok, but just to be on the safe side;)

2. its the climate control sensor, you can change it but it will just start makin that buzzin again:dapprove: its just the fan on it and will not do any harm, just need to turn the radio up so you cant hear it:rasp:

so where do you live? get your self out to some meets:D

Renault Clio 172 16v
Cheers Rob

Probably drop some of the oil at the weekend.

Might see if Renault will replace the sensor under the warranty, should the motor alway be running?

I'm based in North West, Manchester Way

Daz

Iceburg 172FF
Cheers Rob

Probably drop some of the oil at the weekend.

Might see if Renault will replace the sensor under the warranty, should the motor alway be running?

I'm based in North West, Manchester Way

Daz

Another manc :D Not seen many too many rs round this way.

mini cooper (RIP 172)

the motor should always run (unless you turn the cc off) it just measures the temp in the car!

renault will/should change it under warranty, but it will only start to buzz again after a bit :rolleyes: might as well get it done tho

have fun anyway:D

Renault Clio 172 16v
As soon as I turn the key the motor start running, whether the climate control is on or off.

Daz