ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another possible 182 purchase

hi folks, i'll try and keep this short and to the point.

Currently in a smart brabus roadster and have deicded i need something bigger... and faster so a logical option would be a clio sport or a celica (obviously as i'm posting here i've gone for the clio :cool:)

car i'm looking at has done 45k on a 54 plate and is a clio 182 cup.

i've looked through the forums and read some of the "buying a 182 threads" and generally it looks like i'm looking for regular service (obviously) belts changed and gearbox issues although i don't know how to check it for gearbox issues.

anyone have anything else to add or shall i just drag a mechanic along and let him decide?

also... 34mpg from 54mpg... :(
should be fun

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Pics of your car atm?:)

Dont know much about sports so I'll let someone else come along and tell you all about them.

Welcome anyway

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What colour is the one your looking at?

service is 2 years or 12k
Aux belt is 36k or 5 years
Cambelt 72k or 5 years

So that car should have had all the belts done.

Clio GT 120 EDC
Hiya and welcome to CS

I'm doing the other way and looking for a fortwo for a run around town to bring the Clio mileage down but the clio is still staying.

None
Hello Mate and welcome to CS
you're definately the first person i've met to say you bought a clio because you wanted something bigger :)
I wanted something smaller.....hence the clio, my last car was a land rover discovery.

only major gearbox problem i have heard of is jumping out of fourth but you would probably spot that on test drive.
as you said about the belts too,if it hasn't been done that is.
sounds like you got it pretty sussed but it's always better to take a mechanic if you're not sure.

Oh and remember, 18 mpg if you have a heavy right foot :)

test drove one again yesterday and i can definatly say... they're fast. although now i'm considering an audi tt as i drove one of those yesterday aswell and they're also really nice.

i'll post some pictures of it later when i get back from work, but my car's engine management light came on yesterday!... i don't think it wants to go :S