ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another stupid question about wheels.....

02 Clio 172Mk2
HI Guys and Girls. Another stupid question about wheels and tyres I'm afraid.....

Am going to get some now wheels and boots for my '02 172 (black). Currently, there are 16" standard 172 wheels with 195/45 Continentals fitted, but if I wanted to put 17" wheels on then is it simply getting appropriate tyres (205/40) for the new wheels or is something else involved in fitting this combination (changes to suspension etc....)?

I'm thinking that OZ Ultraleggera or Dare V2 with toyo or pilot rubber. Thoughts anyone?

Cheers.
Genius.

02 Clio 172Mk2
OK - thanks..... Offset - is that something I should know or something the supplier will be able to tell me and ensure I it's right?

Cheers.

fiesta
you will want to check on your wheels now, on the inside/back it should say the offset as ET.. and 2 numbers, just get the new wheels in an ET the same or as close to that as possible

Megane225FF
Your std wheels will have the offset et48.
If you're planning on lowering your bus, you may wanna try lowering the offset, have a search.. there's a few people on here that have had 17's with no bother, & some have had bother (when lowered)

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Dont trust wheel suppliers all the time on offsets. Do your own research to prevent any mistakes.