ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another wasted trip to the stealers

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
Well the 172 went into today for its aux drive belt to be changed, after the dealer 'forgot' to do it on the 36k service!!!

I was told it would be 1hr so from 8.30 this morning I've been sitting in the dealership waiting. After having words with the manager about 'forgeting' to change the belt etc, i was told that actually the belt takes 2.5hrs to change!!

So off i go wasting even more time waiting. On my return @ 11.30. I'm then told that one of the plastic tensioners is broken and it will shred my new belt. Guess what, they dont have any spares and no dealerships in norfolk do either.

I've been very kindly loaned a beast of a courtesy car. a nice gold 1.0ltr Micra E (E standing for extremely shite)

The car was empty, the drivers seat wont recline, you cant get in the boot without forcing it, and when I did get to open it, all the bloody trim fell off!!!

Sorry for the rant, but stealers are really doing my head in.

Megane225FF
sounds a bit like my experience at Renault in Huddersfield. Forgot to do this, "it'll take an hour", "oh sorry sir, it'll be 3 hours", "we haven't got the part", blah, blah.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Alex told me it takes half an hour, and that's what he charged me for :) Good ol' Carlton Garage :) :)

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
Well when I thought it couldnt get any worse!!

They got the tensioner in this morning, but the f**king monkeys have only now gone and ruptured the aircon pipes!!!!!!!

So I've got this pile of japanese shite for yet another day.

The manager has told me that the current labour bill stands at £200 which they will let me off, how nice of them lol

This must be a record for the longest 36k service, now standing at 4.5 days!!!

I wonder what they'll break tomorrow ?????

Half stripped mk2 172
Well after all the grief they gave you its only fair they let you off the 200 quid, its the least they could do!!! He shouldnt even said the bill stands at 200 quid, he should got on to getting them pipes sorted!!!!

Vince

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
I asked him to change my smashed fog light as a sort of compensation but he refured, I'll work on him again in the morning.

Lost all faith in them now.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
The prob with the courtesy car was the fact they didnt have any left. And as my car was originally only going in for a 1hr job (belt change) I pulled the short straw of a Micra 1ltr

I normally get either a clio or a fairly new megane.

dCi 100
norfolkminis said:
I've been very kindly loaned a beast of a courtesy car. a nice gold 1.0ltr Micra E (E standing for extremely sh*te)

The car was empty, the drivers seat wont recline, you cant get in the boot without forcing it, and when I did get to open it, all the bloody trim fell off!!!

LOL got a good laugh out of that, mate ;)

When I first got my car the rear exhaust box was knackered inside. Went back a few days later, and they took 2days to replace the box.

When I finally got my car it seemed ok, so I went home. Next morning I notice the box is not sitting right. Usually you can't see the box cuz it's behind the bumper, but I could see them whole damn thing.

Back to the stealer :|

So, boys be boys and stealers be stealers :D

Cheers.