ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another 'what wax' thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I fancy trying something new just for the sake of it. Would like some open recommedations.

I would like it to be;
Rich and glossy
Oily, or soft and buttery so it spreads thinly with ease.
Simple to remove regardless of temperature
Would like to see 3months durability, i dont want to be stripping it back as tar is bonding after a month / 6 weeks, but likewise all out protection is not a requirement
£100 limit, wont considor anything more, and preferably a lot cheaper.

Bouncers 22 and satsuma rock have got my attention recently. Vics red, yellow and the new hybrid tick the above from a lot of reviews but i struggled hugely with durability with my pots. Glasur just isnt quite doing it or me at the moment but plan to use i more shortly. I get the impression the new AF waxes will be all out show shiners and not offer durability im after for a daily car

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I can vouch for B22, bloody love the stuff!

I can't wait to get some Satsuma, I just want to shift some of my other waxes first.

Dave ill send you my Vic's red. I don't like it that much. Use as you see fit and return it if you like?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good man JD!

B22 is a lovely lovely wax mate. You'd like it. It has quite a special feel for such little coin. It's not the most durable and don't leave it ages to remove but you can tell heart and soul went into.

Dave KG was talking about it years ago, Rubbish Boys juiced edition. Made in a shed by those guys and Dom it had little quirks etc and took some talent to get the best out it but you could tell it was homemade and some personal thought went into that.

I don't think i'd buy another Bouncer's wax as I like to think of B22 as the original and honest wax. The rest are just different ones to sell. The B22 was a journey so to speak.

Raceglaze55 is another mate. Nice wax and durable.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'd recommend Autobrite abyss.. They say durability is around six months and is very very glossy, looks brilliant on my silver non sport over some amigo.

Ticks the box for all of your requirements once you realise you don't need to swipe the pot, all you need to do is dab the pot.

If I can find a pot ill send over a sample for postage?

Bouncers 22 is nice. Spreads really well, one swipe of the pot does my clio roof easily. It can also be used on trim which is handy.
Like gally said don't leave it too long and its really easy to remove.

Overall its a good wax with a nice citrus smell.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
i missed a pot of R55 by a few minutes this weekend otherwise id have grabbed it.

bouncers are looking likely, what are peoples thoughts on real world durability?

i can see vics as a show wax. it was almost like seeing you wash the wax off each week with the constant deterioration

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never left it long enough to find out tbh. I asked Jay and he said he'd had feedback from a customer in Finland (or Denmark or somewhere) that it survived through the winter.

That was last spring so I'm sure there will be more people with long term experience by now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would give it 3 months up here until the beading dropped off. Vics might drop off a bit quicker.

Agree about it being more a show wax. Smells nice though. Some Rmg + Vics on Red is one of those old school combos that makes me tent.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just i'm on the look out for another one. Been using a Rupes Air one recently and reminded me to get a new one.

Used of course.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sold the rotary to get another DA, forgot how bad the vibrations were but getting results im happy with.

why is that

was considering the group buy from definitive wax, but seeing all the fuss this weekend and threatening to leave DW i'll steer clear

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ohhhhhhh link? Have you seen the Scottish chap that just signed up?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Found the page. Gordon of Caledonia is actually a friend. Maybe that's where I get the wolf pigeon trait. :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I just bought satsuma rock, I will be trying it during the week, it smells proper awesome!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
seems to be a lot of we make our own, we buy other and relabel remours flyingabout lately. to be honest i woul never know and ouldnt really care. as long as im happy with the servicce and get the product i want at a price i want to pay im happy.

lets face it, detailing is over priced, all we need is tcut and colli 476, job done. lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The only people who should really be pissed is the original manufacturer for basically having their R&D stolen.

And of course, anyone who cares about that

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292623&page=3

The re-labelling thread.

I also don't care. I've bought thousands of products. It's the newer people to the market I feel sorry for. Blinded by the light so to speak.

Some of things on the market today I could drive 15 minutes down the road and pick up in an unmarked bottle for pennies.

As I keep saying, there's no other industry like it. It has no governing body, no one to answer to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The only people who should really be pissed is the original manufacturer for basically having their R&D stolen.

And of course, anyone who cares about that

Think about how much money they have made. Why sell for £5 a time to the stupid general public when they can sell ££££'s to traders to bottle stuff up.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I was presuming the original manufacturer hadn't given permission.

Of course they would now I think about it.

(It's late :| )

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I know. Those 2 threads were an enjoyable read.

It's funny that they have a system where they don't ban people like me. I'm guessing it's so people don't start asking questions. They just kinda de-activate you.

So many people have pm'd me on DW. I still get the email but can't reply. Miserable user I think it's called.

If you're trying to hide the subtle lies and smoke and mirrors of certain brands then surely you have to question things.

Sadly more brands = more money. It's a shame because DW was a great place. Spent many a good year! Met so many great people. You only have to look at the guys who started Viva Potenza, they ran DW for ages then they were tossed aside.

It's the people who "built" DW I think will feel sad. Epoch, Steve etc. Admin and mods are only useful if there's any information to use.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Johnny is a founding member. Whizzer wasn't long after.

The moderator Spoonie is also a friend. He's a cracking fella.

Mud is truly slinging!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I had it in my head Whizzer stepped down for some reason :/
Shows how often I use it now.

Did you see what was removed due to "legal implications"?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No. Be nothing important.

Most people know, they don't care. Even I buy AF products and I know how it works. I don't care. I'll buy what I want but don't lie to my face.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Definitive wax have packed their bags and left, no longer on DW.

Which ever way the argument went I'm surprised this was the outcome. I hate to gossip but would there really have been all this fuss if there wasn't some doubt?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
gordon claims definitive wax don't make there own waxes and just mix liquid wax provided from another supplier after a new member claims and M&K are same products rebranded from Car Chem. Definitive wax throws toys out the pram and puts up thread saying they are leaving. All this happened yesterday.

logging in today their section is gone, thread gone. Almost like it never happened!? BUT, Kev's link still takes you to their thread and manufacturers section

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Gordon used to be Carpro's authorised dealer before passing on to Andy I believe.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292769 You can still read that thread on my comp. Have they removed both threads?

It's embarrassing if you cannot discuss this stuff. They censored me and I wasn't even speaking on that forum! Anyway I won't get all hot and bothered because I don't actually care that much. I'm happy knowing some truths.

Yawn.

Throwing your toys out of the pram = you've got something to hide and are in a huff that you've been found out.