ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anthracite Wiper Arms (pics)

Finally got around to doing something for my car, first job was cleaning the lights so they are clear, got the 2.5" air sander on them with decreasing grades and they have come up superb after a good G3'ing.

Second job was the wiper arms, have been annoying me for some time, being rusty and chipped to hell, heres the finished product, unfortunately it rained LOL.

**I will run a Group buy on these if theres is any interest, please register your interest in my trader space tho and ill work out a price including the parts**

Heres the arms now......(more details on the process in my trader space)

5.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
When I read the title of this, I was fully prepared for a 'piss your pants laughing' moment. They are however, not as bad as I imagined. I wouldn't do it myself though.

Hahha i confess they were on the car when i bought it lol, they are indeed washer jet LED types!! HOWEVER before you all rofl, i have cut the wiring, but im 2 tight to buy new ones lol.

You lot get way to hung up on personal preference, i can do them Matt black aswell you know lol, but i love dark anthracite and it goes with my other bits. You have to see the car as a whole really, from a distance its not that noticable the colour. At the end of the day, it was sh*tty rusted aged to hell or nice shiney new ones..........hehe

Matt or satin black would have been better...

Also LED windscreen washers ?!

Pics with them on for the lulz?

Have cut the wires fella lol, else yes id do it, just for you. A previous owner im affraid!. The OEM washers are crap, those ones spray pretty good, any ideas where i can get some half decent ones?

Yeah fair play I suppose at least it's an option. For me personally though, it just looks a bit like a classic case of 'I've run out of ideas'. Like you say though, if they need repainting anyway.

The OEM ones aren't sprayed, they're just black plastic... no?

Nah metal mate (well mine were), see my trader section for the sand blasted pictures of the wiper arms on my car. Its some kind of single stage paint on OEM, at first i thought they were power coated but the black paint came off easy in the sand blaster @100psi with a fine compound, id of been there a while with power coated stuff.

Have cut the wires fella lol, else yes id do it, just for you. A previous owner im affraid!. The OEM washers are crap, those ones spray pretty good, any ideas where i can get some half decent ones?

I just tried to search but with no luck, someone found some washer jets off a another model renault or off a completly different car that had a much more misted and wide spray pattern..

Someone will know what im talking about possibly?