ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti Roll bar...

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
i beleive i have lost a pin or a nut n bolt from my anit roll bar.

i need someone to confirm that what i am talking about is in fact my anti roll bar?

some (bad) pictures below:

Arm1.jpg

Arm2.jpg

anyone know where i can get whatever is missing?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yep that is ur anti-roll thingy lol and u r missign a bolt and a few rubber washer things if i am correct, nearly certain as mine r quite bad

ok then now i know what it is, where do i get a bolt then? or what are the size of it?

P.S.

Thanks for the quick reply.

just so i dont go in and ask for the thingy ma bobbers on the anti roll bar lol

whats the right name for it then?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
anti roll bar link bushs if they ask where are there on there lower wishbones to connect the 2 together.

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
You want the front anti roll bar ,end bush and clamp. And a M8 ny-loc (nut) and bolt, to clamp it back together.

is ok to drive, drive mine for a while without realising. Easy to change and only cost bout 7quid for the parts.

Patrick_g46 said:
i think so just dnt drive so as that u need the anti-roll features lol

aww i usually roll it at every corner :( gutted.

lol

thanks people, ill have to get it fixed ASAP as there is a loud droning rubbing noise.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yeh mine is makign a dronign noise at the moment aswell and i just came homw frm a long drive and sometimes the car pulls 2 1 side which i am guessing wud also be symptoms of a bearing?

it isnt the bearing ive checked both side for that. im pretty sure of it.

ill run by coatbridge renault dealer and grab the bolt n bits tomorrow after work, fit it and if the noise is still there ill get me mechanic to check the bearings.

Paul

Patrick_g46 said:
can u describe ur droanign noise 2 me please and when you get it and when you dont, cheers,

i get it constantly and more when i turn left it disappears when i turn right.

i think this is due to the bar vibrating off the subframe and its within milimeters when turned left and its a fair bit away from the subframe when turned right.

but ill replace the anti roll bar bushes today after work and if the noise is still there then it'll be the bearings on the drivers side.

i check the beqaring on the passenger side and it's fine.

Paul

my fiver wopuld go on a bearing caused by the allignment being way out due to the anti roll bar link and bushes being missing ;)

check your bearing when you change the the link, just turn the wheel slowly it should move smoothly, any non-smooth movement or grating sound and its your bearing. Also check for uneven tyre wear, because as I said your allignment will be out, also as your lowered 60mm, you might find that with the allignment out you may have been getting rubbin on the arch liner, tho not sure on that last point.

my wheels cant be aligned cos the lazer alignment equipment cant get on the wheel becos its so low. so it hasnt been aligned for ages!

put on new thingy pin...easy.

and noise is reduced but i got a mate of mine to check the car and its the REAR PASSENGER SIDE wheel bearing!!! :O

i mean FFS!

Doyle said:
but it wasnt the front drivers side like you all sed it would be so no.

lol

john just said a bearing, was me that said same bearing as the side you had to replace the bolt