ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any advice...

clio rsi!
much appreciated!! right im currently driving a k reg clio rsi, not really modded, full scorpion stainless, lowered on spax's springs nd shocks, multispokes etc etc, ive had it for over a year now and looking into either an upgrade maybe to a bigger better car but i was wondering what could be done to the clio engine wise.....im considering a coversion maybe to a williams or even something completely different, volvo 1.7t, megane r5 or similar, im an electrician myself but on heavy vehicle so not really in the know with engine conversions at the mo. the engine thats in there at the mo is fine, on 104k starts every time and its well looked after however even after servicing regularlly its starting to get a tad tappy, which wouldnt be cheap to rectify :-(

so any advice on an engine change what engine will go in with or without loom etc, where to source one from would be very useful!!

cheers dale!

Forget engine changes its not cost effective if you want a challenge and something to do them yep but a 2.0 Williams engine is a better idea or a Valver and use a 2.0 bottom end.

1.7 engine someoen was doing on here and gave up I think r5's been done rmany times before but th 2.0 has more power so why bother to get thye R5 reliable to 200hp costs build up a 2.0 WIlliams will be torquier and be chepaer to get there.

clio rsi!
thanks. yeh its only a random idea ive had, have got the workshop etc at home to do it so thought it might be worth a go, just wondered what my options were, wasnt overly keen on an r5 as theyve got a habit of going bang every 20k lol, ive seen people writing about a megane 2.0 16v engine being the same as as williams, is this true? theres a valver up my local scrappie at the mo but no idea what condidtion the engines in, ideally would prefer a willy that needed re-building but theyre pretty hard to come by, well havent managed to find one in a few months but then again im probably not looking in the right places!! i take it a 2.0 16v will go straight in mine with the loom??!

cheers.

wasnt overly keen on an r5 as theyve got a habit of going bang every 20k lol, ive seen people writing about a megane 2.0 16v engine being the same as as williams, is this true? theres a valver up my local scrappie at the mo but no idea what condidtion the engines in, ideally would prefer a willy that needed re-building but theyre pretty hard to come by, well havent managed to find one in a few months but then again im probably not looking in the right places!! i take it a 2.0 16v will go straight in mine with the loom??!

R5 are reliable people just don't do things properly they just wack the boost up and blow them up there good for huge HP if done correctly.

Megan bottom end is the same as the Williams realy and botls to a 1.8 16V head. The Megan engine head is slightly different and whilst for power and porting the Megan head is better for more power few people go to the effort of making it work.

Williams engine arn't difficult to come across juts keep asking and searching there load of sale now and agaian.

2.0 Willaims etc will go in ye ypu want the loom though and idealy a whole car for the doner bits as idealy use the Williams ECU, dials, etc also the wiser suspension and the gearbox.

clio rsi!
yeh ive never had an r5 but i can defiantely see where ur coming from chap!

you say a megane head is better for more power is that only when its bolted to a different bottom end or when its a complete engine?

if the engine was to have a change then itd definately have to go in with the right gearbox, ecu etc, wouldnt be worth cutting corners. if i was to do a more or less straight swop with a willy, (say a rebuilt one) would that be able to tune to the same power as if i was to mix and match etc?