ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Cardiff Owners Want To Drive my 182 Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a bragging thread, but a curiosity thread. :)

Other than the awful ride from the Apex springs fitted on the car, the gear change doesn't seem right to me. The clutch is heavy, the change is clunky and I think it has a short shifter, which feels awful too. It seems to grind in any gear at speed. Are there any experienced owners in the area that could confirm this? Take the car for a spin, and maybe take me out in theirs too?

Would be much appreciated and could even sort you out for some beer tokens.

Thanks,
David.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Can you get to say Caerphilly tomorrow or Friday,can have a look and drive see whats wrong

Friday is perfect, yes. Thank you. Have I seen your car by the petrol station on the hill off the A470?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Oh thats not me,thats a rb 182 think guy works up in car sales place.What about the petrol station at 12pm up nantgarw hill.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@essee Sorry for not picking this up sooner.
Your clutch is probably down to the release bearing, depending on age and mileage aswell it sounds like it could be worn friction plates. Also check the cables not clogged up with crap.
Gear change, the short shifter could be rushing the syncros, but it's more than likely to be the input shaft.

Hope this helps...

So, is that a new clutch then? It's really making me appear a right spaz behind the wheel. I'm hoping ADS can confirm this tomorrow. It's just a matter of comparing what we've both got, I guess.

@ADS1982 You'll be pleased to know, you don't have to meet me tomorrow now. I've managed to hook up with Mr Filters this evening, who kindly pointed out many many things that need some work. :)

Thanks again for agreeing to meet with me so quickly anyway! You can just enjoy the long weekend instead!

Looks like some cheap Ebay item. Filters should be able to hook me up with a standard shifter. The clutch is a little heavy, potentially a cable issue, but will drop the 'box with more time and money when available.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like some cheap Ebay item. Filters should be able to hook me up with a standard shifter. The clutch is a little heavy, potentially a cable issue, but will drop the 'box with more time and money when available.
Cable definitely needs a clean out, but, it's the release bearing and probably the clutch it's self causing it to be that damn heavy....you felt the difference in mine.
Will whip the Gear lever and linkage arms out of my breaker for you tomorrow, as said it's yours. Don't want anything for it, the beers were enough...though I'm sure the one you have has damaged the syncros as it shouldn't be crunching that badly.
Get that timing checked too, I'm sure it's out...sure of it.
P.S don't forget to check your coilpack tomorrow when you get a chance + sort the sills too...pliers and a big hammer should do the trick. Nice to of met you Essee, catch you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.