ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any difference in ph1 and ph2 sport brakes??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im basically asking if these will fit a ph1 sport!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINTEX-FR...&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5071005050367858189

theyre listed up as for a ph2 172, but i didnt think there was any difference in the brake callipers so they should fit fine!!

i know many people do not rate these brakes, but im trying to stick to a budget and cannot stretch to Ds2500 just yet!!
im going to see how i rate these and possibly upgrade when it comes to it!

cheers!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
thanks,

is there anything better you can suggest for the same kind of price range? (ie sub £80)

the car is mainly going to be a fast road with the occasional track day!! pads are going with brembo HC's

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
really though?? when running slick tyres or working the ABS, i would agree,

but im running road parads spec 2's and no abs!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
also, ds2500 are not £30 more, theyre £55 more

even m1155's are £40 more, i already miss judge the price of pads in my budget as it is!! :(

Sunflower Ph1 172
Surprisingly tweeks were the cheapest for DS2500s for me last time I bought a set, do some ringing around and ask for the best price rather than relying on the advertised price. Sometimes you can get a bit knoecked off. In my case (18 months ago) they were £30 cheaper than everywhere else I tried, just by contacting their sales department directly.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Are you planning on going on track at all? If not just normal Pagid disks and pads is a great setup. £99 for both from me

I've tried the budget end of so-called "upgraded" pads and the mintex 1144's and ebc yellowstuff were both fine pads... but, seriously, no better at resisting fade than the O/E brembo's I chose this time. The wife has O/E pagid on her puma and they stand up to fairly heavy road use when I get to drive it too.

I would not recomend spending double O/E prices to get a SLIGHTLY better initial bite (cos that is the only difference I can tell). Stick to quality O/E stuff or buy propper performance pads, IMHO

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Go for DS2500's I use them all round now my 172. They're worth the extra and last really well. Ideal for what your using the car for. Mine is the same,mostly fast road and a few trackdays. Also use DOT5 fluid for a better pedal and no fade when the fluid gets hot.

Dodgy one
I have 1144s fitted, for the road they're ok for normal driving, I've gave them some greif with standard 182 wheels and they fade coupled up to HCs after 10-15 mins,

With my ozs fitted i've done the same they were fine i guess the standard wheels dont allow for much ventilation and help contain the heat! I only got them because they were on offer (£50), I wont be replacing them when the disks wear out though which wont be long they've pretty much paggered my disks over 2 year, Still have 60% on the pads!

I'l be fitting the DS2500s and new HCs next, Standard Renault is on the rear with Braided lines all round