ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any experience with these speakers?

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Hey guys looking to upgrade my front speakers

Just wondered if anyone has installed these if so what they are like?:)

JBL GT5-500C*-*5.25 INCH 13CM*90 WATT COMPONENT KIT CAR SPEAKERS*

The specs are..
13cm (5.25") 2-way component system with crossovers
Nominal Impedance: 4*Ohms
Power Handling: Peak 90W
Power Handling:*RMS*30W
Sensitivity: (2.83V/1m) 91dB
Frequency Response: 75Hz – 20kHz
Mounting Depth: 47mm
Proprietary Plus One cones
Vented woofer motor structure
Titanium-laminate tweeter
Edge-driven tweeters (component systems)
Outboard crossovers (component systems)
Improved I-Moun™ (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter-mounting system
supplied with IN LINE crossovers and grills

Just wanted a cheapish upgrade that was hassle free really.. any other suggestions welcome looking at about £50 max on them as its just a daily run around but I love my music

Thanks in advance

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Awesome I was debating 6.5 tbh. Will make it a tad punchier? How do I modify the existing 5.25 to house 6.5? Cheers for the reply

1.2 16v clio
they are good speakers for a low budget :)

upgrading the fronts to 6.5's you have 2 choices one is to cut off the speaker mounting plastic and make a 6.5 speaker ring to house the speakers

or you can make a custom speaker spacer that is the size and shape of the speaker grill and you can make a beauty panel for to cover the rest of the mdf :)

i originally went for the second option was a little more work but it looked great but now i dont have door pockets :)

1.2 16v clio
if your going for straight fits just get the ones you mentioned the jbl speakers they will be alot better then the edge gear

The edge ones will sound s**t. If you're going to do a job, do it properly the first time or you'll be doing again further down the line. Get a set of components, get the dash off and do the tweeters, wire in the crossover and swap out the door speakers. Job done.

Its only like 3 screws isn't it for dash top? And where can I mount the crossovers? :) decent comps for £50 possible? :)

8 in total I think, don't quote me on that. There's a guide in the guides section. I mounted mine to the back of the glove box with ds sticky tape, I had to cut the tweeter holder with a stanley to get them to fit, but the standard ones clip straight back in. you could crocodile clip the crossover wires to the wires behind the head unit, but I opted to cut and solder them in, and heatshrinked them, that way you can leave the crossover in should you want to put the standard units back in. I was very weary taking the dash out as I've never done anything like that before but it's idiot proof. I got some fli (not the best I know) components reduced from like £70 to £40 and they do the job just fine, and sound decent enough. Google car audio and click the first or second link and have a look, there's loads out there, but just remember not to get coaxials.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
8 in total I think, don't quote me on that. There's a guide in the guides section. I mounted mine to the back of the glove box with ds sticky tape, I had to cut the tweeter holder with a stanley to get them to fit, but the standard ones clip straight back in. you could crocodile clip the crossover wires to the wires behind the head unit, but I opted to cut and solder them in, and heatshrinked them, that way you can leave the crossover in should you want to put the standard units back in. I was very weary taking the dash out as I've never done anything like that before but it's idiot proof. I got some fli (not the best I know) components reduced from like £70 to £40 and they do the job just fine, and sound decent enough. Google car audio and click the first or second link and have a look, there's loads out there, but just remember not to get coaxials.

Oh lovely mate sounds easier than I thought :) what wires do I need to connect the crossovers to?:)

The edge ones will sound s**t. If you're going to do a job, do it properly the first time or you'll be doing again further down the line. Get a set of components, get the dash off and do the tweeters, wire in the crossover and swap out the door speakers. Job done.

They don't sound that bad tbh, especially once you've messed with the HU equaliser settings. If I was going to 'do the job properly' I would spend a lot more money and have a sub+amp etc as well, but just replacing the crappy old OEM speakers with those isn't something to make a fuss over :p

They don't sound that bad tbh, especially once you've messed with the HU equaliser settings. If I was going to 'do the job properly' I would spend a lot more money and have a sub+amp etc as well, but just replacing the crappy old OEM speakers with those isn't something to make a fuss over :p

I wasn't/ am not arguing by the way, I meant coaxials in general as there is already a tweeter in the dash so adding another in the door is unneeded. Personally it was way too high pitched for me, and that's when I found out there was coaxials in my door cards. After swapping them out for the components everything sounds nice and even across the range. Not everyone will be fussed but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to music.

I wasn't/ am not arguing by the way, I meant coaxials in general as there is already a tweeter in the dash so adding another in the door is unneeded. Personally it was way too high pitched for me, and that's when I found out there was coaxials in my door cards. After swapping them out for the components everything sounds nice and even across the range. Not everyone will be fussed but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to music.

Ah :) Felt a bit of tension haha
Yeah I found it high pitched at first, but I adjusted the bass and treble on my HU and it sounds a lot better now.
​Basically I just didn't want to remove the dash since I wasn't aiming for anything special as such.
I understand what you mean though, I've spent a few hundred on my PC's audio setup but I can't justify spending that much for my cars audio just yet!

Ah :) Felt a bit of tension haha
Yeah I found it high pitched at first, but I adjusted the bass and treble on my HU and it sounds a lot better now.
​Basically I just didn't want to remove the dash since I wasn't aiming for anything special as such.
I understand what you mean though, I've spent a few hundred on my PC's audio setup but I can't justify spending that much for my cars audio just yet!

Please, don't even get me started on pcs..... I don't want to know how much it owes me!

I did have a mess about with equaliser setting before I did the swap but couldn't get it sounding like I wanted. The dash out is a really easy job btw.

Please, don't even get me started on pcs..... I don't want to know how much it owes me!

I did have a mess about with equaliser setting before I did the swap but couldn't get it sounding like I wanted. The dash out is a really easy job btw.

Hahah I've spent far too much on mine, now it's 'finished' and my money is going into my car :D

It's such a scary looking task though, may need to give it a try some time and change my dial LED or something!

Hahah I've spent far too much on mine, now it's 'finished' and my money is going into my car :D

It's such a scary looking task though, may need to give it a try some time and change my dial LED or something!

Yeah thankfully mine is finished.... For now.

Have a look in the guides section, if you're quick enough you could have it out in 5 mins.