ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any idea’s

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
So playing around with the Clio and I found this. Is there any Obvious places this could be coming from? I have noticed I had been using a little oil not a worrying amount tho. I’ve cleaned it all up now and going to have a better look tomorrow just wondering if I’m missing something ?
51F65593-3958-45C7-9CA8-29D0775BF197.jpeg
36B767D0-5276-439C-A314-0707D12567FC.jpeg
985BD307-F7E0-4D80-A7DC-5C95C8E1B391.jpeg
FCDF61A6-79BF-4351-A114-B6143CBF449D.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Looks to be some oil pooling up on top of the lower inlet though.

Probably the rocker cover needing resealing, but again it's not major. Can get it done on the next belt change.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
They all breath a bit of oil, if it's not much then i wouldn't worry about it.
I’ve had a couple of people say that I’ve just never noticed it before so worried me a bit! Will just keep an eye on it then! Nice one mate

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looks to be some oil pooling up on top of the lower inlet though.

Probably the rocker cover needing resealing, but again it's not major. Can get it done on the next belt change.
Yes that was the part concerning me, I’ve cleaned it all out and it doesn’t look like it’s coming from the rocker cover. Belts only got done last year. Only thing I thought was have i spilt any oil when filling it up but can’t remember spilling any and it’s not clean!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that was the part concerning me, I’ve cleaned it all out and it doesn’t look like it’s coming from the rocker cover. Belts only got done last year. Only thing I thought was have i spilt any oil when filling it up but can’t remember spilling any and it’s not clean!

Mine did it from the rocker cover bolts, but it was minimal loss really.

I check the oil on mine once a month anyway, doesn't do many miles.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Mine did it from the rocker cover bolts, but it was minimal loss really.

I check the oil on mine once a month anyway, doesn't do many miles.
Spot on cheers mate I will just keep a eye on it then and hopefully stay on top of it! With it all cleaned now I should be able to see where it’s coming from and sort it out when I can! Thanks for the help much appreciated ?

dan's cast offs.
That's a hell of a lot round the throttle body, must be breathing heavier than rolf Harris doing two little boys ?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
That's a hell of a lot round the throttle body, must be breathing heavier than rolf Harris doing two little boys ?
The breather pipe doesn’t seem to have much oil in it! I don’t know what it should normally look like!
1A9CD682-207C-4959-9576-31271E6D91D1.jpeg
89B6AC6B-1100-40C0-9158-B5C82C5B06E1.jpeg

dan's cast offs.
I thought his penchant was for little girls?

well going off his daughters face when she was with him i'd agree ?

don't know if i've posted this on here before? watch this but play it at half speed...creepy springs to mind.

The breather pipe doesn’t seem to have much oil in it! I don’t know what it should normally look like!

it won't have much at all in it as 99% of it gets sucked straight through to the main inlet.