ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas - grating noise.....

Hi,

Appreciate this is a bit of a vague one but just wondered if anyone might be able to suggest what might be causing this problem. I’ve got a 172 cup. When I start the engine it ticks over fine, however, when I then put her in gear, and start to move I can hear a kind of grating noise which normally disappears as I pick up speed. It’s not too loud, but can be heard quite clearly with the windows open. It happens when I put it in 1st or reverse. I can't notice the noise when the car is moving at speed. I thought it might be the exhaust, but I can’t see any problem with it and I think it is relatively new anyway. Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance yet to go out with anybody to try and identify exactly where the noise is coming from. I am planning to take it to the garage after work tonight but would be interested to know if anyone has got any ideas what might be causing it.

Thanks