ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any reason for Clio III RS over Megane III RS?

Hello
Hoping for some objective and impartial answers
smartass.gif
to his dilemna of mine. I am eschewing all the Fords and Hondas and Peugeots specifically for this pair of Peugeots. non-Cup (too hardcore)

Buyer profile:
minimal usage // maybe 5 days a month
no commuting or tracking // just leisure day trips and weekend trips
solo driver 90% of time // 2 passengers tops

Basically looking for a car to enjoy the open roads on weekends, and driving for the sake driving.

Megane is much posher inside - and Clio doesnt even have console armrest (!!!) which is less good for longer weekend trips.

Clio is smaller, has better visibility, easier to park and maneuver for the odd city errand. Higher profile 17" tires more amenable to popping on and off curbs.

Obviously Megane is much more powerful and objectively faster. But are there other advantages to the driving experience of Clio III? e.g. does smaller size and lower weight translate into palpable sense of chuckability and quickness? Superior road-"feel"? etc?

It takes some time to hunt down these (relatively rare) cars for a proper test drive so appreciate your thoughts in the meanwhile

E92 325D
5 days a month?

Clio every time. Its more of an event. Recaros make the experience feel special. The clio, when driven hard, is thoroughly enjoyable, however i find it a bit much day to day.

The megane is the perfect all rounder, but very much civilised compared to the clio.

The clio, imo, is much more a rewarding drive, more feedback, more precise, smaller and agile, and when reving the tits off it, sounds sublime.

The megane is a bigger, lazier drive, but much more grown up and tame (If 250bhp can be tame)

Suzuki Jimny
The french (assuming he's french) have such different views on cars. For example a cup chassis is too hardcore, needs to have an armrest and needs to drive up curbs!

The french (assuming he's french) have such different views on cars. For example a cup chassis is too hardcore, needs to have an armrest and needs to drive up curbs!

Hello

I am not from this continent.

The concept of having to pop and park up curbs seems uniquely regional. (inclusive of the UK , where I previously lived).
So the cup chassis, with its lowered suspension, disqualifies itself on matters of pure practicality. (Same goes for 19" Megane wheels)

For 500km-1000km weekend trips, a place to rest one's forearm for 8 hours is not unwelcomed.