ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any(throttle) body seen these before

alien green rs133
SP_A0102.jpg

SP_A0103.jpg

SP_A0105.jpg

SP_A0106.jpg

sodemo do. Not on general sale yet AFAIK

Oreca carry stock of them and the usual suspects will produce on request. Arrows will do them DLC'd as well if you really want to be flash.

The standard valvetrain goes a lot further than people think though, Renault have been playing for the new 250bhp 83X upgrade kit.

Cheers
M

02' PH1 172
right, so I emailed them last week and got a very helpfull and speedy reply.

Whole kit, less the ecu comes to £917+Vat.

They recomend using 100mm long extensions and 60mm long ram pipes and they say this will give the optimum length without having to change the radiator and you should be able to use a proper box type air filter with this.

They put these tb's on a cliosport thats on here i think, saw pics of it from one of the meet shoots, its got a big aluminium airbox on the front. His is running 70mm extensions with 40mm ram pipes.

Another one of their customers is running 70mm extensions and 60mm ram pipes with a std bottom end, lightly ported cylinder head and 421 catcams and is making 220BHP..

Sounds good to me :)

Clio 220 lpg
right, so I emailed them last week and got a very helpfull and speedy reply.

Whole kit, less the ecu comes to £917+Vat.

They recomend using 100mm long extensions and 60mm long ram pipes and they say this will give the optimum length without having to change the radiator and you should be able to use a proper box type air filter with this.

They put these tb's on a cliosport thats on here i think, saw pics of it from one of the meet shoots, its got a big aluminium airbox on the front. His is running 70mm extensions with 40mm ram pipes.

Another one of their customers is running 70mm extensions and 60mm ram pipes with a std bottom end, lightly ported cylinder head and 421 catcams and is making 220BHP..

Sounds good to me :)
Wow that sounds good to me, it'll be a couple of weeks before I get on the rollers, but If they get them results with that setup then hopfully 240 bhp with what we have maybe possible fingers crossed:)

172 cup & 182
They do look good. Hear are mine. 70mm extensions and 60mm ram pipes.
AT are making me up some 20mm extensions collars so I can play with induction length. And still keep my alloy air box.

Last edited:
  Clio 220 lpg
They do look good. Hear are mine. 70mm extensions and 60mm ram pipes.
AT are making me up some 20mm extensions collars so I can play with induction length. And still keep my alloy air box.
Are you using straight or tappered? they have sent me both to try.

Clio 220 lpg
Oh my god :approve:
Only had a ride up the moor road but good god does it pull.
Thought this week I would put the car together enough to give it a run with the new throttle bodies on and the 197 injectors and before we have tryed to tune her yet, a run up onto the moor has proved that the pull from 3500 has improved loads over what we had on before.
The sound from the front when the cams start to kick in is very agressive, and then when we hit 7400 (which is were the shift light comes on) pull back the stick and it just sings all the way upto 6th.
The trumpets are tappered at the moment so after this weekend going to tune it on the road with them and then try the staight, save both maps and then head to the rolling road.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
good news, I've been offered a set of these to run back to back with my jenveys! will be interesting!

Mk2 172
LOL, because you have them? flow tested them? run them back to back? lol

no but the power figures that they gave were on a dyno and not fitted to a car. I thought this was proved. I may be wrong so if i am im sorry

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
My jenveys piss me off, there so f**king clumsy! the design must be about 15 years old!

They work fine tbh, but if the AT make more power then job done! If they don't...i haven't lost anything!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
no but the power figures that they gave were on a dyno and not fitted to a car. I thought this was proved. I may be wrong so if i am im sorry

Active made 220 with 428s with them on and more torque!

Will have to see, if the jenveys do better i'll keep them! they just look dogshit lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
intresting to see if there is a difference

Yep, its getting done back to back on the same day on the same rollers, so will be fair!

Turns out the guy from AT who comes on CS used to live 1 mile away from me! went to the same high school at the same time!
Hi BTW!

fad

Clio 182 FF
This is a very interesting read!

Saw the pics pf Activ's Clio at the Lakeside meet and no one knew anything about it, good to see how acheiveable it all is.

If Activ is around who did you build as I am also in the Kent area? Cheers

As M says it would excellent if RS can figure a way of working the TB's with the OE ECU.

Mk2 172
Active made 220 with 428s with them on and more torque!

Will have to see, if the jenveys do better i'll keep them! they just look dogs**t lol

who gives a fu*k what they look like. Jenvey are a very reputable, established company. Like you said it will be interesting to see what happens back to back but as far as im aware and enough of the stories ive heard, they dont live up to what they are supposed to do.
Lets wait and see :) i certainly wont be changing no matter what happens tho.

Clio 220 lpg
My jenveys piss me off, there so f**king clumsy! the design must be about 15 years old!

They work fine tbh, but if the AT make more power then job done! If they don't...i haven't lost anything!
Its ok doing a back to back but you will have to spend time mapping both types of bodies.

M235i / 172
ACTIV - Is that your car that's been in PPC mag on dave walkers rollers at Emerald?
I seem to recognise it with that airbox design? May be wrong though.

Chav Rocket
This is a very interesting read!

Saw the pics pf Activ's Clio at the Lakeside meet and no one knew anything about it, good to see how acheiveable it all is.

If Activ is around who did you build as I am also in the Kent area? Cheers

As M says it would excellent if RS can figure a way of working the TB's with the OE ECU.

how often is the lakeside meet? did you see a guy with a blue bravo running a coupe engine? hes a old friend of mine havent seem him in years lol

Clio 182 - 428 CatCams
Im very eager to follow this thread and equally eager to see the outcomes im running 428Catcams within my 182 and would like to get a professional understanding of what could potentially be done next to bring these even more to life!

Im happy for any company to use the car as a feature / demonstration car in order to highlight their products if they wish to.

Clio 220 lpg
Well yesterday was the day. I did all the tunning my self which may of bin a shot in the foot but with 20 yrs in the garage biz I know how engines work.
I have run it for a week or so on self tune so I knew it would'nt need much adjustments on the day. The timming was the only thing that needed looking at but once I started I found that altering the timming didn't make loads of difference so I have it as a sliding scale from one end to the other from 12-26degrees now I'm sure somone will tell me its wrong lol. Now the car had good power before with 42mm honda blackbird throttle bodies the output then was 214 bhp with the bonnet up but when it was later closed because the air filter was so close to the bonnet the air restiction meant that a power lose down to 197 bhp:( But now there is loads of room round the filter and a large area for air to get in past bonnet etc.
Now I did the run with 16" wheels instead of 15" so I don't know if that makes any difference. We tried with tappered bodies first and the top power with them was 218bhp and 169@tw with the parallel it was 219bhp and 169@tw the graphs are nearly identical we were reving to 7500rpm and I think if I was to take it to 8k there would be even more power.
I have the air cleaner to go on now and I think I will go with tappered.
Best torque figure was 164lbf-ft on tappered and parallel at about 6k.
I have driven the car now for a week and the difference in pick up is very noticable which is where my big concern was.
We are rallying on the 4th of may at teeside autodrome which is a test for the 10th of may when we will be in Hamsterly rally so I'll let you know how well we get on:)

Nissan Skyline
Interesting result Alistair. I'm curious as to what you mean about the timing. 12deg is very retarded, it's about what you would use at idle.

Out of interest what rolling road was it on? 49bhp losses sounds a lot - but I have seen some rolling roads give out figures like that in the past.

Wheel size shouldn't really make a difference to the power comparison, as long as there was air in the tyres.

I'll be interested in seeing the power graphs, and if you want to send me your ignition map I'll have a look at that too.

Good stuff,

John.

alien green rs133
49hp loses?

thats what i though one of the graphs shows 50hp loss :S

now this is using a seq box but i didnt think it would be that much

i though you would loose 20-30 in trans

pulls like a train no matter what the rpm so good times, starts "better" too :D

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
on our rollers.. (single roller)

loss on sadev is circa 21bhp
loss on std box is between 25-30 (depends on cold/warm oil etc)