ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any tyre recommendations?

Clio RS 200T
Recently bought a 200T and was wondering if anyone has any good experiences with a particular tyre? Not looking to spend more than £100/tyre so Goodyear Eagle F1 and Dunlop SportMaxx are out of the question. Should mention that I have to 18" Alloys so size is 205/40/r18.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Not many sporty premium options in 18" under £100 I believe?

Blackcircles are doing a deal on Eagle F1 Supersports though bringing them to 112 or so each including delivery, so over budget but not too far out. That will be the next tyre on our BMW.

Supposedly immense dry weather performance while also being very good in the cold and damp unlike for example the Michelin Pilot Super Sports which is getting on a bit now anyway (great in the dry, bit sketchy when cold in damp/wet weather).

If you're not after a real performance tyre but something more allround maybe have a look at Falken FK510? Works really well on our Civic type S in 17". Comfortable with great dry and wet grip, just a bit on the soft side.

Clio RS 200T
Not many sporty premium options in 18" under £100 I believe?

Blackcircles are doing a deal on Eagle F1 Supersports though bringing them to 112 or so each including delivery, so over budget but not too far out. That will be the next tyre on our BMW.

Supposedly immense dry weather performance while also being very good in the cold and damp unlike for example the Michelin Pilot Super Sports which is getting on a bit now anyway (great in the dry, bit sketchy when cold in damp/wet weather).

If you're not after a real performance tyre but something more allround maybe have a look at Falken FK510? Works really well on our Civic type S in 17". Comfortable with great dry and wet grip, just a bit on the soft side.

Appreciate the info. I was looking at maybe getting 215/40/18 as there are a few more options in that size and a few guys said they'd fit just fine (might get that validated at a tyre shop before ordering though). I was looking at the Hankook Ventus S1 EVO 3 and the Vredestein Ultrac Satin in particular as they come out at around £95/tyre. Really just debating whether to take the hit and get some premium tyres like the ones you mentioned or if these are just as good.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It all depends how you use them I suppose, if you're only using it for spirited drives and the occasional track day I'd get the Supersports, if mostly used for driving the family around, going to the shops and only the occasional spirited drive I'd probably go for the slightly more budget friendly option.

See if you can find some reviews on wear and comfort as well, if the Hankooks last only 15k vs maybe 25k of another tyre that might be a consideration as well but I realise this is dependant on car, tyre size and very much driving style.