ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any VW guys that can help??

Hey folks , im new to the site:laugh:

Ive been looking up how to change my standard dash clocks to the gti clocks with the rev gauge and the trip computer and what not!

the connector socket at the back of the guages dont match the new gauge! the socket that plugs into my dash has a 20ish pin setup

where as the gti cluster has 2 individual connector sockets with 6-8 pins in each one

is there an adaptor harness out there that i can get or is this going to be one of them all day jobs of soldering new wiring! any advice would be greatly appricated please :)

old cluster

DSC01082.jpg

Gti cluster

DSC01081.jpg

back of the old cluster

DSC01083.jpg

Back of the GTI cluster

DSC01084-1.jpg

there is some differences which i guess wont work on the gauge but if at all anyone can give me advice how to get it to work, it would be appricated fully :)

this is for my mate philip, who has a 1991 mk 2 jetta 1.6TD

any help fella's would be greatly appricated. tis a lovely motor :p

172 cup
My ex did this to his MK1 Golf cabroleit, couldnt tell you how but I know the guys over on the Mk1 Golf forum are pretty helpful, maybe worth trying there?????

He's tried a lot of forum's but to no avail, so i said i would try here in case theres some VW guys than might be able to shed some light.

Black Gold Trophy
I highly doubt there is an adaptor out there! I changed the clocks on my first car (1993 vauxhall corsa) for gsi ones as I didnt have rev counter etc. Atleast your speedo drive is still the same, I had to convert mine from cable to electric.

I would get the wiring diagrams from a haynes manual or similar and cut and solder as necessary.