ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any1 know how to put ps3 onto DMZ?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well basically I keep getting kicked out of games on bc2 (1 in 2) and says network connection error. I've read up and it's quite common and setting your ps3 to DMZ is supposed to fix it. I've looked at online ways to do it but they tell you to do stuff that your ps3 can't do. Lol so any 1 actually done it? As you can imagine it's very annoying when ya have a good game.

Cheers.

I had problems before where I couldnt join lobbies, or even play anyone on FIFA as it wouldnt connect to host.

I then changed the settings so that the PS3 has its own IP address, which sorted all the problems. Google it!

Hope that helps pal!

Bus w**ker
You set it through your routers admin panel. Should be relatively straightforward, just google your router manufacturer, model, dmz and ps3; that should turn a guide up.

I've got my PS3 in a DMZ with static IPs and never had an online issue, my mates got a BT Homehub though and he has made all the changes EA suggest but he still gets booted from BFBC2 lobbies after exactly 20 minutes. Apparently there's a lot of people suffering the same issue.

RS 182 CUP
Do your playstations need updating? I use 2 both with home hub and rarely get any problems

Astra SRI/ Hornet
My ps3 is brand new and upto date. Yeah going to set an ip address but can't find my routers ip address. Is basically a White box that every1 gets. Not sure on make etc.

Bus w**ker
Google your routers manufacturer, model and admin. That should tell you the IP you need and possibly the default admin credentials, probably along the lines of 192.168.0.1 U: admin P: password. Google really is your friend.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I have googled it and it never works like the steps show you. I tried all day yesterday. But I'll have a look at the router and try your way.

Bus w**ker
Which router have you got? It should be straight forward. Put the IP in to the browser on your PS3, log in using the username and password (probably on the base of your router...unless you've changed it). Then it's just a case of setting a static IP for the PS3 and placing it in the demilitarized zone. Bish bash bosh, all posts are opened for the IP.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Argh so ya router has a password? Ok I understand now because I have the routers ip address now but still wouldn't let me do it. Makes sense now.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
thomson tg585v7. ip 192.168.1.254. changed my password and fucked my s**t up royally. lol had to reset everything.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i ad issues, i added a ps3 dns server into my routers dns records, problem solved.