ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any1 NOT gonna swap their cup for a 182

cant see the point of it really yes if your cups nackered or summat but it seems a little pointless , I do love the 182 but they are praticaly the same.

I love my cup nuff said. Its stayin!!!

Dont seem to be many cups on here anymore so whos got one still,..hands up

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Why would I want to?

Would probably cost about 2-3k to change, to get air, 5 more CDs, leather, blah, blah, blah, etc.

The Cup for me does exactly what it says on the tin! Mines not going anywhere...:devilish:

172, Tiguan

this week, i have decided to keep mine.

*edit: that is subject to change if it pisses me off.

yea just get a few discreet mods and you will easliy attain another 10bhp. which should get you down another 0.2 to 60 ((if that actually matters)). just dont like the exhaust or the grey lights or the grey belts.

hows about the ktec hidden exhaust. sportscat. piper induction. maybe chip. enjoy smoother pick up, sportier exhaust note ((and then some)) and still look totally standard. in fact.... with all that you probably achieve 15+ bhp then your cup or 172 will be faster than 182 and probably be pushing 189-190bhp... given weight advantage even a 172 with 190bhp will match if not be slightly quicker than a CTR...

((BTW i have a 172 not cup but i love the look of the Cup))

GW Clio 200

Klang, people who are changing there Clio Cups for the 182 are not doing it because they do not like what they are already driving, infact that couldnt be further from the truth.

The reason why myself and others are doing this is because we want to continue driving a car that has the same performance of the Cup with the toys that make driving a little more pleasurable. I have had comments like why do you need "Air Con" etc etc. Well I drive through Londons rush hour traffic of an evening from work and let me tell you, in the summer that is a long drive. When you put the CC on, it makes the journey a whole different experience.

And its just another way of former Cup drivers getting one over on the drivers of 172s....thats a joke!!!!

So chill out mate, and be happy with the car you have as it is great to drive and a brilliant little motor.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

my cup is going nowhere. had it nearly a year now only done 4800 miles and there is so much more i want to do to it, ie itg maxogen, de cat, unichip, its already been lowered and has a cat back magnex and ive upgraded the stereo and speakers and i love it. dont see the point in forking out more money for a slower car;)

RB 197 + Cup Pack

I wont be swapping my cup for a 182. I do like the 182 but i prefer Cups and i arent all that bothered about having things like air con etc so the cup suits me well!! :D

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by cupid on 30 March 2004

I too have just purchased a cup. So Il be mostly keeping it.
lol Im mostly gonna keep mine, im just getting rid of the interior and Im installing CC ABS and a few other lil things but thats it..

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Im staying with the cup...I dont need aircon or leather seats or horid rims.

Its nearly always fecking freezing in this country n e way/!!!

Wouldnt mind a 182 exhaust tho:D

172 cup TT

Have the best kept cup here (cheers sluggs) - Absolutely no frigging way im swapping sideways.... but then again, im not a "moschino from head to toe" man and dont care about the new "in thing" just because its "in". The Exhaust isnt for me either, having a raised-in-bumper-plus-alloy-shieldy-bit 206 180esk exhaust style done next month.

Nice

im keeping mine also, i did test drive a 182 before i bought mine,but was not really impressed,didnt like the grey lights/seat belts,or the pea shooter/wheel barrow exhaust and in my opinion noticibaly slower,and i got a 5 month old cup with low miles for 4 grand less than the 182.

the cup is amazing and will only be replaced (a long time in the future),by something that would be alot quicker.

Keeping the cup but then why would I swap it for a 172 with a performance exaust? Renault must be pissing themsleves laughing at all this rivalry over the same car!

Alternativly keep your 172, mod the suspension and engine to achieve an extra 10bhp and buy a 172 rear valence and exhaust system et voila un 182!

I know your on about the 172 cup but i will be keeping my 172, drove the 182 i did not think that it was much different to mine so i can not see how it would be any better that the 172 cup.

172 cup TT

Its the placibo effect adcooper - Its all in the miiiinnndddddddd - kinda like those "wonder" pills people are given to get over their problems... little do they know they are only 100% sugar.

Nice

yeh at the end of the day a new exhaust with sports cat and will be 182 power with all the lightness that the cup will give

Cup 172

The Cup is staying until the Fiesta RS comes out in 2006 with 200bhp and 18" rims. I might then consider changing the CUP, but theres no way I chop it in for a 182 as I have climate already and couldnt give a bugger about abs, xenon lights, cruise,leather trim blah blah blah.

Thought you had sold it? Rich I drove a standard Cup today, if you keep yours defo get a exhaust/de-cat/rsport ecu its like a different car!

Keeping mine too, have cc already which is all i need for the summer, have a decent system installed for all the slow traffic driving to work. Dorve the 182 and couldnt tell the difference really, will have to go for another one, but was very releaved. Love my car to bits, but have to hand it in as it has a phantom problem whereby the engine cuts out occasionaly, then theres the 2nd to 3rd not engaging smoothly at high revs and a strange squeek i only seem to hear when driving in multi storeys, but once thats all sorted itll be a pucker little thang. Would only sell it if i couldnt afford to keep it.

Keeping mine for a year or so at least, than maybe will go for an RX8, New Golf GTI (depending what theyre like) or maybe save some money and get an S3 / TT