ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any1 tried ebc redstuff rear pads.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
on a 182. as i got my discs for fuckall thought id uprate the pads while im on. actual experiences not you heard it somewhere please as i know there rep is mixed.

cheers kev.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yeah thats why i asked for actual experiences, heard a few people say there great who have them. rears though remember not fronts. and i checked they arnt made in a shed anymore. lol

J

jonnytheboy

Wouldnt bother myself . . . just stick to standard ones for the rear. i've tried allsorts on mine, didnt notice any difference between 'Reds' and standard rear pads, just upgrade the fronts with high carbon discs and decent pads:approve:

ITB'd MK1
the rear hardly does anything anyway, they have a huge restriction stopping them over working. You dont want to uprate anything at the rear (not that you can call EBC anything uprated as it's worse than standard)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
there actually cheaper or at least same price at cheaper places as standard pads so thought it was worth a try.

J

jonnytheboy

Dont put them on the fronts either . . . . I dont rate them at all. Greens/reds/yellows they are all c**p!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
im sure they cant be that bad, i wouldnt put them on the fronts but like ya said rears dont do much so surely they would last.

Megane 225
Dont put them on the fronts either . . . . I dont rate them at all. Greens/reds/yellows they are all c**p!!

^^^ This guy speaks the truth! I currently have EBC Red stuff pads on the front of my 172 and they are shockingly bad. I find that you get so much brake fade with them after a couple of hard presses of the brake pedal

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Exactly so it's either standard pads or try something different for the same price. You only live once live a little. Lol

They'll make no difference whatsoever on the rear so if they're cheaper/easier to get then why not.

J

jonnytheboy

ok, I'm lying

I've had it happen to me 3 times. Bought a car with EBC pads fitted and they've disintegrated

I had Reds on mine and after a track day they had turned to charcoal!! replaced them with standard pads for the next track day and they didnt! Could be my driving but i doubt it. . . . I'm a god ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
You never said you had owned any. Lol And were they red stuff rear pads on a Clio? This is why I said experiences cos every1 can have an opinion off what they have heard.

ITB'd MK1
I would honestly go for some standard Ferodo pads and new discs rather than any of the brands you've named so far. Mintex are also perfectly good.

J

jonnytheboy

You never said you had owned any. Lol And were they red stuff rear pads on a Clio? This is why I said experiences cos every1 can have an opinion off what they have heard.

Read my first post ( i did ). I've had plenty of experience with aftermarket pads and discs, tried the lot, and yes i had Reds in the rears.

J

jonnytheboy

Does it matter what you put in the rears!!!!! Grabbing the disc with your hand while your driving probably has the same effect as the rear caliper!! LOL

So put what you want in!

Golf GTD Mk7
Don't red stuff need a fare bit of heat to work correctly? More suited to cars with a bit more power and weight.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
People say they don't work but when ya have no pads and ya discs are fooked ya realise they actually do quite abit. I'll try them and write a little diary for every1 of how they perform through there life. Lol

might have missed it, but what have you got in the front calipers? there's no point fitting uprated-anything in the rears if you've std at the front

i've only tried Reds in the front and didn't run them for long, as they were a bit of a liability from cold on the road

Golf GTD Mk7
might have missed it, but what have you got in the front calipers? there's no point fitting uprated-anything in the rears if you've std at the front

i've only tried Reds in the front and didn't run them for long, as they were a bit of a liability from cold on the road

That was my understanding of them. thought they were more of a track/fast road pad and hense needed more temp to work.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My greenstuffs have been on the car for almost 3 years on the front now, only just worn enough for me to bother replacing them.

They've been fine, never any problems, certainly no crumbling or anything.

Got some yellows to try instead now.