ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody added sound dampening to the interior?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Afternoon CS,

I previously frequently a C1/107/Aygo forum as I was looking to buy one and one of the more popular "in-depth" mods was pulling up the carpets and fitting sound deadening tape/materials to the floor/doors and the engine bay as they were a bit "rattly" and having test driven one, I can agree wholeheartedly!

I do 30-35k a year and the road noise is quite bad - is it something that's doable in a day for example? I was having a poke around the C1OC forum after a good think about it and the consensus was it's worth pulling up the seats/carpet, removing the door cards and then refitting it all once it's been deadened sufficiently, so would it be similar for the Clio?

I know tyres have a lot to do with road noise (and I have a set of nice and new Conti Eco 5s ready to fit), but surely it's worth a punt?

phase 1 flamer 172
I intend to try this at sometime, despite fitting a quiet exhaust I find at around 70 mph the car fills with noise, cannot say its one thing in particular.

Listerine & Poledo
Of course it can be done and for a shopping-trolley daily, there are no downsides.

Seats out, door cards off, carpets out
3/4 packs of this anywhere you can see metal.
some of this in the door cavities.
Then bolt it all back together again.

Only problem is then you'll be able to better hear all the rattles that come as standard with a Clio....of which there will be many.

Listerine & Poledo
No, it won't.
It would take a concerted amount of effort and more than 4 sheets of the light stuff to make any difference.
Unless you've dropped the rear seats and lost your parcel shelf, most of what you're hearing is from in front of the bulkhead, the floor and the wind&tyre noise (the last bit you can't help, really)

Clio 172 RS ph1
I just started a project on my ph1
The rear of the car is done and so is the drivers door
But theres only little difference so far since most of the noise comes from the front wheel arches and fire wall, hopefully ill be done in a few weeks