ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody know what this is

S2000

After fitting the Viper to my Cup I found this.

The part marked with the yellow arrow is where one of the standard air feeds connects to. Inside that tubing is a plastic thing which seems to be some sort of valve. The round bit marked with the red arrow has a tube attached to the bottom of it just like the one marked by the green cross. If you put your fingers in and move the valve type thing backwards and forwards you can hear what sound like pumping air.

Whats that all about then? :confused:

Wayne

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1052851218__eh2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1052851100__eh1.jpg

Slugger its a valve that controls the hot and cold air feed to your air filter, when the engine is cold the valve closes and opens back up when th engine warms up, to stop the intake iceing up. ive took mine off all together to make room for the cold air feed but it will be going back on in the winter. the noise you can hear is the vacum from the air feed pipe coming from the throttle body as shown in the pic:-

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1052852775__yftdyfghfdghj.jpg

S2000

Cheers guys

lol daz yeah my finger nails need trimming thought id give it a go

errr cheers mike hehe

paul but if the standard airbox and feed isnt on does it actually do anything? why put it back on in the winter?

cheers

Clio 1.6 16V

Has anybody removed this air valve? is it clipped in place or is it bolted in? I want to remove it completely (blocking off the vacuum pipe) so that i can use the space for a continuous cold air feed pipe.

I came across this when doing mine.

After a lengthy debate with the reisdent chief engineer over all sorts of things from a limiter (eh? lol) to a cold beer tap we think we narrowed it down to what paul suggested. With no help from renault AT ALL.......they didnt bloody know!

Anyway, it didnt delve in too deep and couldnt see where the hot air pipe came from, but would be to aid a quick warmup due to emissions regulations.

We took ours off totally and detatched the solenoid and kept that pluged in so the computer would think its still there. Never had and problems ever.

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 13 May 2003

paul but if the standard airbox and feed isnt on does it actually do anything? why put it back on in the winter?

No not really thats why ive took it off all together, but i pluged the other end of the pipe, which i arrowed in the pic. as for putting the standard air box back on, ill wait till winter and see how it runs on the cold mornings or i might just disconect the cold air feed from the filter now fitted. Paul