ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anybody with tints!

so you all ready to get them removed?

this new law is just the gayest thing to come into being since graham norton.

i mean wtf 70% light, thats like not even tinted.

Was reading in a mag that between 50-70% they just inform you its illegal,

50-30% they give you a ten day producer to get them removed

and then 30-20%, which most of us are, they give you one hour to get your car of the road and you need to have your tints removed and the car inspected before its road legal again. My tints are 20% all round so i think im up the old creek with no paddle!

madness, Im leaving mine till i get pulled...hopefully a wee while yet:(

yup thats y mine r only tinted at the rear. anythin forward of the b-pillar is the law, front windows basically

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im not removing mine, i was told when they were put on that they were legal. I was told if i get any problems, to put the police in contact with the company who fitted my tints.

Mine are not legal. I had to sign a disclamer for my tints. I had dark smoke on the rears and light smoke on the front. Apparently my clio already had tints on them already, which i didnt realise.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yes, when you take the factory fitted glass out, there already tinted..

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

was thinking about some tints but you can only have a 30% tint which is nothing really.i bet its not much darker than my original factory tint

did u have to remove them though, ive got 65% lumar film on rear and 25% on front as well as factory fitted tints ( slightly ) u saying that isnt legal? i got away with it!

im not to sure what % i have got at the front but i had to sign a disclaimer.I had, light smoke on the front and midnite on the rears. I had it done here. look on the web and find out if my tints are legal.

Smoke (Grey Light)http://www.r-tecautodesign.comwww.r-tecautodesign.com

tbh i dont give a flying f**k!!!

Loads of cars have tints as standard, loads of people have been tested, i think tis just the very dark tints. Light smoke, whihc most people have isnt a problem.

There seems to be sooo much varying inof on this, some people say light smoke is illegial, some say it isnt, tbh im still gettign mine done whether its illegial or not!!

the law has just been changed, the reason tints were legal was actually due to a legal loophole in the wording of the law.

However following a crash/death involving a motorbiker and a car with dark tints, the law has now been updated and the wording corrected.

Supposidly the police are about to begin their crack down.

total bs if you ask me! Im just hoping the police in my area dont have any testing device:)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yeah, they might be illegal now, but to be honist, in the year and half ive been driving, ive never been pulled (touch wood) even what i had cliosportcraigs car, and thats 80% down the sides and limo on the back... so im not panicing, if they pull me and tell me to take them off, then fair play..

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 15 March 2004

i paid good money for mine and im not removing then unless my licence depends on it!
i think ill leave mine im quite lucky when it comes to my car and breaking the law:eek: