ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody's 360 damaged their discs?

182FF c/w Recaros
Had My 360 since Xmas.

Had to take PGR3 back after a week ro so as the game kept failing to load/crash mid race.

The disc did have some scratches on it that I'm sure were not there when I first took the disc out the box.

Have been Playing PGR3 for a few days again now.

Getting the same again. Disc failing/dirty/clean disc etc etc.

Now the srcatches have turned up on this copy of PGR2 too.

In between I've had Fear in my console for around 2 weeks (completed it the other day) and I've just checked that and the disc is still pretty much pristine.

Could my 360 be faulty?

Is the PGR3 disc more prone to being attacked by the 360 lol.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
yeh the first game it done it too was pgr3, last night was pes6 gonna try and get game to swap it. bare in mind ive had my 360 since release day. very annoying

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
this has happened to me about 3 times also. stops mid game (PGR3) and says unable to read disc!

Golf GTD
have you got your 360 stood vertical? apparently it is more prone to scratch discs if it is stood vertical

Golf R32
When I had my old PS2 it used to scratch the hell out of the disks (went through 4 copies of GT4), and it stopped playing some dvds altogether. Eventually it just died and I ended up having to get a new one

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i had a big ring scratch on saints row, where the girlfreind moved the xbox to lay it flat, whilst it was still spinning. anyways no matter i completed the game

182FF c/w Recaros
im still trying to find FEAR cheap. wana sell me yours ;)

Hmm. I'm probably going to revisit it on a harder level soon so will probably keep it a while. After that, will probably do trades more than selling as you lose so much.

have you got your 360 stood vertical? apparently it is more prone to scratch discs if it is stood vertical

Interesting....It is standing vertically.......

Runs downstairs to place it horizontally:D

My brothers one did just took it back and got another box. They were quite easy to give them a new oneso its probably a problem.

Golf GTD
apparently if you have your xbox 360 stood vertical it is very likely it will scratch the disc.

it is also recommended to take all discs out of the xbox when powering down so that when you turn it on you dont have a disc in the tray.

I dont do this, but just have it horizontal and havent had any disc scratching issues.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
i had a big ring scratch on saints row, where the girlfreind moved the xbox to lay it flat, whilst it was still spinning. anyways no matter i completed the game

First day i got saints row it got destroyed when the 360 fell over. This is why I have Xtreme firmware and have backups of all my games now!