ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone 19 who have a 172 or 182?

Naughty Nautical
I'm currently looking at one, first insurance quote I got was £2,500 however I still have an extra no claims to add on top of that so that will be quite a bit more lower.
What are other people paying please? :)

Looking for 182
I can't speak for other 19 year olds, because I'm 25, but **** paying half the value of the car in insurance every year.

Stripped yozza'd cup
That seems pretty reasonable for someone of your age to be fair. I'm guessing that's in your name yes?

340i
I brought my 172 at the age of 19...

It cost me £700 to insure through elephant

Fully Comp

2 years NCB

SP30 speeding offence

2 none fault accidents

all mods declared... exhaust, coilovers, stripping, bucket seats etc.

upto 12,000miles per year

European cover etc.

By the age of 22 it cost me £460 to insure (same mods, obviously 5years no claims :))

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Fully Comp

2 years NCB

SP30 speeding offence

2 none fault accidents

European cover etc.

By the age of 22 it cost me £460 to insure (same mods, obviously 5years no claims :))

Thats a joke right?

How the hell did you get it for that with an SP30 and claims..

And all at the age of 19 :dead:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm 19 two years no claims iv got a 182! £2069 a year! Worth it I'd say!! And iv got unlimited mods as long as it dies not exceed 190bhp at the fly wheel!

Naughty Nautical
They all seem quite reasonable
mine would officially be at 19 years old with 3 years no claims bonus's, it can't be that high can it? £2,000 there abouts?
Will ring them up and get a quote including my extra no claims

Yozz'd up 182
Just turned 20 and renewed in feb. Had my 182 a year now.

All mods declared and upto 190bhp with brentacre i think im paying sub 1.5k now (2 years ncb)

Last year was definatly sub 2k but cant remember exactly.

340i
That was insured with Elephant for year 1 with my 172... £700

Elephant again for year 2... £620

Adrian Flux year 3... £500

Adrian Flux year 4... £460 (I then purchased my r26 mid way through the policy)

Parked on a driveway, average area / location.

I did haggle them down alot on the phone ;)

Clio S & VW T5

Fully Comp

2 years NCB

SP30 speeding offence

2 none fault accidents

European cover etc.

yeah, but when were you 19? 1983??

Listerine & Poledo
what other people pay is irrelevant, just have a play with COnfused.com and find out for yourself.

it may be worth adding a parent or simlar as a named driver, you still get NCB, but they will knock some off of your quote

Mk5 golf gti
Got mine at 18 and owned them since

put a parent on the insurance thats what i did

they arent that bad to insure (things are worse now though a few years on)

clio cup 172
Im 26 with 3 bans and 28 points lol yeah i know i was a silly boy in supercharged and turbo cars.....but my insurance is only £844 fully comp with 5 years no claims :)

330i. E30 Touring.
The call centre whores at Adrian Flux sound sooooooo diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirty down the phone, bet they take it up the arse and everything LOL!

I was born in 1987 sir, work it out ;)

You had a f**king hard paper round, if so! (; x

clio cup 172
it happens gray and the funny thing is not one of those points or bans is for drink driving, i got my first sp40 the day after i passed my test lmao!!!

clio cup 172
Points mean prizes?

dude i got to go in a special room with 3 magistrates who congratulated me by telling me i could only drive on a track 3 times!!! i mean what a great thing being told your to fast to be on the road and only aloud on a racetrack lol

Mini Cooper S
What do you mean? You're only allowed to drive on a track 3 times? Ehhh? What's the fastest you've been clocked at?

Milltek'd clio 182
21, 3 years no claims, elephant- 10 month accelerator, 500 excess and voluntery and i paid £1600. which is ridiculous lol,

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine @ 19, was £1300 tpft with 1 years ncb, no claims/points but had had a car they considered similar enough to count as experience in a hot hatch.

That was October 2009

PH2 172
I got mine when was 19 that was 3 years ago and it was 1400 fully comp on my dads insured it on my own 6 months later for 1100 not sure how much be now for a 19 year old

If you have an accident, and its your fault, and the other party claims on your insurance, do you have to pay your insurance excess, or is that only when you claim for your car?
Sorry if its a stupid question!