ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone changed rear brakes on mk172?

Audi S3 225
Hey, I ordered the parts from eurocarparts pads and disks and they turned up yesterday, tried fitting them that day and i had to give up once the wheel was off as i cannot get the disk to budge due to the huge 30mm bolt which is on soo tight, even when soaked in wd40!

I was trying so hard to get the bolt off that the car almost came off the jack and 2 stands which were on the rear axle.

Any ideas to make this easier, is it easier to use a deep socket or the smaller one, as i have the smaller one, also i tried using my wheel wrench for taking off wheel nuts as it has lots of leavage to no luck and a smaller tool which come in a socket set but it hasnt much leavage so is well hard to use.

Help please, probably attempt this again on sunday.

Thanks

You don't need to remove the nut (its a30mm one which should be very tight) PM me your email address and I'll send you the file on how to cahnge the disks
You need to remove the caliper and caliper bracket instead.

Audi S3 225
k ill send ya my email, i know i needed to take the caliper off first but didnt think that would be as hard to do as the disk so i attempted to loosen that first, ive changed the fronts on both the cars ive owned fine, just these rears are annoying!

Anyway ill pm my email address,

Thanks for helping