ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone come from a Fiesta ST to a Clio Renault Sport

Clio RS200 Cup
Has anyone in particular come from a Mountune 185 conversion to say a Clio 197 or the new RS200, as IMO the Clio is just so much faster in every way, with acceleration manic through every gear compared to the Ford, I ask because I had a Mountune and others who had a Mountune do not feel the same as me.

I just think the Clio is a better car all round with a big grin factor every time you floor it :D

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Has anyone in particular come from a Mountune 185 conversion to say a Clio 197 or the new RS200, as IMO the Clio is just so much faster in every way, with acceleration manic through every gear compared to the Ford, I ask because I had a Mountune and others who had a Mountune do not feel the same as me.

I just think the Clio is a better car all round with a big grin factor every time you floor it :D

If you think all that is true, why dont you have one already? ;)

If that kit really pushes them to 185bhp I can't see a 197 being much faster, or in fact any faster than the ST.

Clio RS200 Cup
If you think all that is true, why dont you have one already? ;)

If that kit really pushes them to 185bhp I can't see a 197 being much faster, or in fact any faster than the ST.

If you are enjoying the Clio as much as it sounds, does it really matter?

All valid and true, and IMO the Clio I have now is the better all round car and most certainly faster than what the mountune kit offers through all the gears :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Did your Fiesta have the kit on it when you bought it? I get a feeling the kit wasn't there or wasn't working properly

As far as power to weight is concerned of course, but your 200 might seem faster with the short ratio gearbox?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not owned one, but have driven a few St's, on a whole the normal 150 will get severely taken appart by a cliosport. 150brake from a 2L is pretty pony IMO, not saying they aren't a good car... but they aren't quick.

Mk5 golf gti
The clio is miles better than any fiesta, i didnt find the ST much quicker than the zetec s as standard

yes ive owned them and i hated them

and theres no way a comparison between them and the rs200

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Remeber guys, the ST was designed and marketed as a warm hatch, not a hot hatch. Cheaper insurance etc etc

Not in the same category as a Renault Sport Clio....

You'd be better off banging your head off of this.

brick-wall.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Remeber guys, the ST was designed and marketed as a warm hatch, not a hot hatch. Cheaper insurance etc etc

It's a higher insurance group than my little C2 that I'm running round in at the moment & the performance is roughly the same, I've never had a st get away from me.

Clio RS200 Cup
Did your Fiesta have the kit on it when you bought it? I get a feeling the kit wasn't there or wasn't working properly

As far as power to weight is concerned of course, but your 200 might seem faster with the short ratio gearbox?

No I had a normal Fiesta ST and was an early adopter of the 185 kit, yes it was quicker but it was was too much hard work trying to get it there and it just did not feel as solid as the Clio feels, the RS200 is made initially like this where as the Fiesta was not....period...dont get me wrong Mountune are a great company who do some brilliant work on Fords but the Clio is the real deal :D

This surprises me a little. The 185 Fiesta should be an even match for a 182 or in fact quicker, and a 182 is known to feel slightly more urgent than a 197/200. Not sure how a 197/200 would be faster than the Fiesta but who knows.

No doubt at all that the 200 is the more modern car and should feel better in many ways. It's not really an apples for apples comparison though IMO.

Mk5 golf gti

i never get this point at all, every fan seems to say this

but tbh thats what the zetec s was

was it not? (not a dig, genuine question) :)

i never get this point at all, every fan seems to say this

but tbh thats what the zetec s was

was it not? (not a dig, genuine question) :)

Zetec S is just a re badged, bodykitted normal fiesta tbh, so mums doing the shopping run can look "sporty"

The ST was the top spec fiesta but it was never designed to be a hot hatch, Clio 182 or Type R competitor.

Clio RS200 Cup
Before I bought the Clio I test drove the new Civic Type R as an option also but it just did not feel right, as soon as I got in the RS200 and started to get a bit more a customed to the way it handles I new that it was the car I wanted, the Civic just did not handle in the same way the Clio does and more or less the same power...

Before I bought the Clio I test drove the new Civic Type R as an option also but it just did not feel right, as soon as I got in the RS200 and started to get a bit more a customed to the way it handles I new that it was the car I wanted, the Civic just did not handle in the same way the Clio does and more or less the same power...

Alot better steering apparently mate, good call on the 200 it would be my choice 100%

BG Clio 182
My mates got a fiesta st spent 9k buying it! :O then a further 2k getting it tuned at montune .. and tbh if i was him i wouldnt of even bothered .. when i got my 182 i paid 5k and its faster than his st .. with the extra 6k i saved in comparison to him think of the performance mods you could do on a 182!