ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone done a trackday in a standard 172

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im going to do one before i get rid of her, i believe they perform damn well!

I would imagine alot of the boys have done so!

clio sport 172, 2002
i've dun donington park mate. if you think its good on the road wait till you get on a track. just make sure you have some uprated brakes. my standard ones were cook :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yep, cope just fine with track work as standard, brakes are worth uprating though.

53 Clio's & counting
track days are worth it in any car mate, i used to track my mini's, which my first one was basically std (about 50 bhp, with sticky tires) and my 172 only has decent tyres,exhaust and prolines, so most def worth it

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
11 laps of the ring and it was faultless :D i updated to DS2500/Brembos/braided lines/Dot 4 though as i didnt wanna drive all that way and cook the brakes on the first lap ...

Not a poxy Renault
Like previous posters have said, it may be worth getting some decent front pads to avoid brake fade. But you will have just as much, if not more fun with a standard car than you will a modified car.

Golf
Me 172 wasnt completely standard but me brakes where, am not doing another one till ave upgraded them, after 10 mins at silverstone a had really bad brake fade :(

Clio "Hulk"
I went 2 times on track, my RS is stock (only a K-Tec exhaust :cool:)

No problem, even brakes were OK (alternation: 20minutes on the track, 20 minutes on pit lane)

Don't worry and enjoy man !

:race: