ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else had a nightmare month or two with their Clio £££ wise?

E85 3.0i
Just wondering if anyone else has had to spend a small fortune on their car recently!

Since ths beginning of the year, it's had:

* New Milltek Centre Section fitted, old one was cracked - £ 98.44 as I didn't buy it originally so Milltek don't honour the guarantee...

IMG_0315.jpg

* New Rear Eibach's fitted, one snapped - Ktec arranged a free replacement set, good customer service

IMG_0313.jpg

* 4 x New Tyres @ £ 90.00 a pop
* Front Discs, Pads, Read Pads - £ 233.70 + £ 75.00 fitting with springs too
* New Cat Mani bolts, as the previous numpty had just fitted 17mm bolts and nuts - £ 27.06
* Both Lambda Sensors replaces - £ 254.23
* Tax @ £ 235.00

Total so far £ 1,283.43

And now my input on the climate control makes no difference so looks like a new heater resistor pack...

What next I'm wondering now!!!

/Moan over.

Nissan 350z
When it rains, it pours :)

Just resist the temptation to get rid. Alot of people "fall out of love" so to speak with their Clio when things go wrong. Which is fine if your the other person who picks up a freshly repaired Clio on the other side of the Sale but no so good for you after spending all that cash on putting the faults right.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
254 quid for lambdas?! Jesus they are only 65 quid each and take about 20 mins to fit if you do it yourself!

E85 3.0i
When it rains, it pours :)

Just resist the temptation to get rid. Alot of people "fall out of love" so to speak with their Clio when things go wrong. Which is fine if your the other person who picks up a freshly repaired Clio on the other side of the Sale but no so good for you after spending all that cash on putting the faults right.

Yeah can't afford to get rid atm!

Have considered getting a trophy considering I want turini's, recaro's and a bigger spoiler (non-cup packed 182 :()

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
In the first month of ownership of my 182 - cam and aux belts, rear shox, battery, pas pump, air con leaking, abs/tcs fault. But I bought it cheap, so I still love it! Plus I can do all the work myself.

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Yea, I know. You find yourself saying, poor thing, abused by previous owner. Now getting proper treatment.... Oh help. Did I really say that? Nurse! Medication!

172DD Cup
gearbox replaced in december (£750 at garage)
gearbox replaced in february (£80 me and budgie did the work)

but you can add these too:
split radiator hose (£40 fit myself)
nail in tyre (only advisory on mot, got 4mm left)
caught speeding (£95 for speed awareness course, which i'm sitting tomorrow)
steering is up the swanny (£???)
EML light on, suspect two lambda sensors (£120 fit myself)
failed mot on rear caliper (£294 garage did work to save hassle)
mot (£27)

not bad for two months work. :)

edit: road tax in january, new rear discs and pads last weekend (£80 fit myself)
edit: added costs

£294 for the caliper, yes i know, 1hr diagnostics, 1hr fitting, £120 new caliper, £35 fluid change, etc)

Last edited:
  Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Crikey, thought I was bad with tax, MOT and service this month (dont know what I was thinking buying a car so close to Christmas, last year!) but this thread has cheered me up!! lol ;)

172 cup
Rear discs
Rear pads
Uprated front pads
Sabelt steering wheel
Renault Mats
MOT
Cambelt & Dephaser kit
Full service
Matched inlets
FRP seats and sub frames
Fully Detailed
New wheels
Other bits and pieces (tow eye badges etc)

Have ate up almost all my bonus, using the rest for a new camera :)

KPMATTHEWS

is that spped awareness course rather than getting points? just curious as i got flashed by a camera a few weeks ago

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
This is an expensive month for me..

New front discs and pads
New front calipers
New rear discs and pads
Both front springs
Another xenon ballast
New Headlight bulbs
2 Tyres

Lots more to come i guess!

E85 3.0i
Glad I'm not the only one! :)

Rear discs
Rear pads
Uprated front pads
Sabelt steering wheel
Renault Mats
MOT
Cambelt & Dephaser kit
Full service
Matched inlets
FRP seats and sub frames
Fully Detailed
New wheels
Other bits and pieces (tow eye badges etc)

Have ate up almost all my bonus, using the rest for a new camera :)

What you buying FRP seats for?! I miss my FRK seats :(

172DD Cup
KPMATTHEWS

is that spped awareness course rather than getting points? just curious as i got flashed by a camera a few weeks ago

yeah. not all police forces do it though. is bedford in buckinghamshire? if so thats thames valley and that's who i've just been with. you only get offered the course once every three years. 'twas £95. found out some stuff about road signs that i never knew, like the red triangles you see for bends or junctions are reactive signs, they only go up after an accident. didn't know what.

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Yeah, I started by replacing a rotten exhaust with an aftermarket unit...

I now have:

Angelworks inlets

Whiteline ARB

Remap booked tomorrow at RS Tuning

Ordered some Coilovers today

Hunting for wheels is a certain GB doesn't come off...

All self inflicted apart from the exhaust :)

535d / t5 caravelle
mines cost me jack s**t so far, oh sorry, some power power steering fluid top up she's a good un ;)

CLIO 172 2003
476 including fault finding for a broken map sensor
2 rear shocks 100
And a cam belt change 400

Thats me done for the month.

Every month something else crops up that requires more money thrown at the car. Starting to piss me off. I'm tempted to just sell it and buy a diesel tbh, it's eating all my wages lately

Yeah every month it never seems to end.

Two new types needed soon
£235 tax
Cambelt & service soon about £550
rear discs & pads £100
Petrol £100ish a wk

I do love it though.

Ph2 Clio 172
Most Expensive Month

I'm having the most expensive month of Clio ownership ever.

Service is due, so bought the oil and filters for that. Decided to up the brakes at the same time, but wanted to wait for discs, so got pads, fluid and lines. Then got a puncture in one tyre so decided to ditch the budget death tyres and had 4 new ones fitted this morning. But in the proccess of getting them fitted discovered the rear pads are shot, so had to order a couple of those, and also noticed one of the rear shocks is leaking, so 2 more of those!

End result, £800 in parts and tyres so far alone, with the labour bill for the service and brake fitting coming next week :(. All for a dented 8 year old French hatchback!

Make me feel better, whats your biggest unexpected/out of control bill been?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
2 x engines
timing belt kit
aux belt kit
Dephaser pulley
waterpump
plugs
oil
gearbox oil
tax
insurance

Mods:
Exhaust
Matched inlets
Ph1 Airbox
Eibach springs
Eibach Camber bolts
Whiteline Anti Roll bar
K-tec Solid engine, gearbox and dogbone mount
OMP steeering wheel with Momo Boss

plenty more that I cant think of

Money spent....£3500+ in a month

2002 clio 172
just booked mine in tuesday for cambelt and aux belts and gubbins
today just saw oil sliding out from front alloy, the outer cv boot ring is broke :( they can deal with that too along with the exhaust rattle :S

££££££££££££££ !!!!!!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Driving round in mine and the steering wheel started to shake at 30mph,took it to the garage and the tracking was shot,had worn the inside rim to the wire coil.Ordered two new tyres and then laser tracking,was 6.5 on the left front and nearly 10 on the right,tyres werent a year old.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Driving round in mine and the steering wheel started to shake at 30mph,took it to the garage and the tracking was shot,had worn the inside rim to the wire coil.Ordered two new tyres and then laser tracking,was 6.5 on the left front and nearly 10 on the right,tyres werent a year old.

You didn't notice the tracking been so bad months ago then?:S

Ph1 172
rear disks pads bearings abs rings etc
hand brake cables
thermostat and coolant
2x rear shocks, fitting tomorrow
oh and MOT next Friday
so far?? cost wise just over £300 doing the work yourself = massive savings

oh best part oil pressure light on the g/f's car has just come on... nice hopefully just a fooked s/w