ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else think that their 172 is too noisy

clio 172 phase 2
Had the 172 a few days now, slowly getting through the bits and bobs to make it in good nick, cambelt done just ,passenger seat cable, steering wheel rubbers front discs and pads, and a service to be done now.
But i think that the exhaust noise is really loud especially on the motorway, had a brand new exhaust on it recently and iv even removed it again and reseated with exhaust paste to make sure its not blowing, is there a decent back box that will reduce the noise without losing power.
Or am i being too picky,

Recently gone from a 2005 audi a4 tdi to this is all new, had an audi s3 before but nowhere near as noisy and these little buggers:S:S

275 Trophy
Only everybody that gets in my car.

Or hears it on the street.

Or is in bed when I go to work at five thirty in the morning.

Nobody else has ever said anything to be honest.

clio 172 phase 2
Ha ha i know its not an audi, but just wondering if all clios were booming at 70ish, as said the s3 was never as loud but then i guess the sound proofing was prob a bit better, but still having fun driving the 172.

172cup
Ha ha i know its not an audi, but just wondering if all clios were booming at 70ish, as said the s3 was never as loud but then i guess the sound proofing was prob a bit better, but still having fun driving the 172.

:D yes man there's a chance you have an aftermarket system fitted,
I remember my 182 being very loud with stock exhaust after driving my dad's A3 1.8t.

Z4
I have a decatted yozza, my ears bleed on a regular basis, my neighbours hate me, and my tinnitus sounds like a foghorn. Do I start a thread about it? Nope.

;)

Black 172
I'm going to take up that offer of taking a pic and seeing if mine's aftermarket as mine is a bit loud too. I've often wondered

clio 172 phase 2
Well chris i started the thread as i was asking if people had the same issue with the standard exhaust being too loud, as i was wondering if i had an oe looking aftermarket jobby on there, ill try and post a pic later, thanks to the people who actually help out

Audi A3
i think mines OE and mines not loud at all. only really gets loud when i put my foot down and even thats no where near deafening.

i had a clio 1.2 once and this isnt any louder or quieter to be honest

Listerine & Poledo
I've got OEM all round on my 172 and, as much as it's not as quiet as the old company Golf (AKA A3-lite) it's hardly making my ears bleed.