ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a connects2 and Sony MP3 Changer

Im interested in this combination, but want to know how it works with the head unit and what appears on the display.

I too am wanting this config, afaik the connect2uk lead does not support ID3 tags so you wont get the info on the remote display I may be wrong as this was from sony. Also, my Sony MD headunit is a little old but does have CD/MD changer support but no ID3 Tag support so the titles *might* not show (i dont care if they show on the remote display) my head unit is something like MDX-C7900R.
If you hear anything else Id love to know.

Yeah, seems very unlikely that ID3 tags could be supported as the interface makes the changer talk Renault back to the head unit. Unless the unit is expecting a value added response, it will probably just be track numbers.

Ill update this thread with whatever I find out, but Im being pulled more towards an M-Station.

I fitted my CDX-T70MX Mp3 changer and what I get on the remote display is either the track number or the filename (but only as 8.3 format). This might be because my head-unit doesnt support id3 tags, dont know what would happen if it did.

996 Carrera

I installed my Sony CDX-M850MP headunit and connects2 adaptor this weekend.

It doesnt show the ID3 tag from MP3 files on the remote display, but it does display CD-text of a normal audio CD.

I assume the MP3 changer will do the same.

I was thinking of just getting the Sony MP3 changer initially but I decided Id end up replacing the standard headunit anyway so went that route instead. You can fit a few MP3 albums on one disc so I didnt see the need of a separate MP3 disc changer as well.