ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Had Any Dealings With KwikFit?

RB 182
Guy i bought my 17poo off had a full exhaust system fitted by them inc cat in March 06 at a cost of £716. Yesterday my catalyst started blowing on the weld, so ive looked at the receipt and they're only warranted for 2 yrs, whereas if it had been fitted after aug 07 its 3. I looked at the date - 11th March 2006, so its 3 weeks out of warranty!! Anyone reckon if i rang customer service and pretended to be the origional purchaser (it has his details on receipt) they'd offer some form of goodwill? Its already had some warranty work in feb after the back box fell off, all the did was weld it back on so maybe i could mention this and try and blag it that that could have affected the welds on the cat?!

I know i could get a decat, but the MOT's due in 4 weeks so i need it to pass that before i get one!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Deffinately worth a shot. £716??!! Sounds like a complete Rip-off to me.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Jesus, £716.

I remember they said they would charge me £200 for standard REAR brake discs and pads fitted for my 172..

Ended up buying EBC grooved and yellowstuff pads, front AND rear for £220, mate fitted them... hah

mk1 RT
used to work for kwik-rip.....

you wont have much luck with the warrenty as its out. they try everything to get out of replacing anything on warrenty when it is within the warrenty period

iirc the price was that much as they had to buy the parts from renault but through unipart/part co. after evereyone adds there "handling fee" it all adds up to silly money

i would never take my car to any kwik fit since seeing what goes on behind the scenes

RB 182
I remember going in for the back box, and there was noone else in there so he said it'll take about an hour to fix it back on, then goes to look at the back box (it'd just come adrift from the sleeve, 5 mins of a job) and he changed it to 2 hours! I waited anyway, and watched as the monkey had the gas axe out and eventually the welder! Im a techy so had it on the ramp and they've welded it to the sleeve now aswel as using a clamp lol

Kwik fit are utter rubbish in my experience, i'd go anywhere else I could apart from there.

I doubt they'll honour it either.

BMW F31
i use one near me, seemed ok doing tracking for me, took a tyre of an alloy for nowt and also balanced a wheel for me for nowt too. although the manager does have a meggy 225 cup so that helps with my scepticism of going in there :D

in my experience they are a complete rip off and will lie to get money. my 182 exhaust was making a very bad sound so took it in and was told i needed new backbox at £1100 - yes £1100 so went down the road to a decent private garage and just a new gaiter needed £90 and job done! Must admit was looking forward to the idea of getting a stainless steel but that will have to wait!