ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had any experience or encounters with....

Pedal power
A c2 v6
Been reading about them they use a d 8 or d9 engine from a pug 406 2.9L v6 with around 210bhp iirc standard form. I'm quite tempted to get mine done with this conversion but was wondering how these things go? Well over 200brake per tonne they must fly in such as small car but can't imagine them being easy to drive or a very reliable engine, I may be wrong!
So anyone here been in one, seen one or raced one? Just looking for some views and opinions on them as the c2 forum doesn't seem to have to much activity!
Thanks! :p

Disastra Coupe
Yep, my mate had the conversion done to his. It was shocking. I say shocking, it was different - but it wasn't THAT quick and it understeered like hell.

He's now got a Honda K20 in, currently being turbo'd which should have it running about 420bhp with the spec he's going for (TDI north are helping him, although he's doing the majority of the work).

Disastra Coupe
As people will ask for pics:

485081_10151245105532723_1625476220_n.jpg

Disastra Coupe
That looks a beast! Would love a k20 in mine but they aren't cheap to buy! But that must fly!

It's not cost him a deal... He bought a damaged ep3, took the engine and bits he needed - broke the car and a lot of money back.
It'll also be running the NOS kit that the v6 ran.

Disastra Coupe
I'd just buy a Type R and put a jackson super charger on it.

I could not be f**ked with the hassle.

Whilst you're right, he likes to think outside the box a bit. Hence the car being a bit lairy on the exterior for most people. He doesn't care what people think of it, he loves it...

535318_10150715936967723_1533517405_n.jpg

That pictures actually a few month old now - i was up there the other day rolling my arches and he's made a load of carbon parts himself... front splitter, sill spat thingys etc. He'll soon be making some carbon doors for it.

Last edited:
  Pedal power
Would you not recommend one then chippen? I want something that could hack the 20lets around here but a little different

Disastra Coupe
Would you not recommend one then chippen? I want something that could hack the 20lets around here but a little different

Personally, no... And just call me Chip :) lol. But err, yea. It was alright but isn't worth the hassle unless you just want something for show. It went alright but it wasn't mega quick and the handling was crap, even he admits that.

Pedal power
£2500 is a lot to spend of a little c2 to get the conversion done stuck between corsa z20 or v6 c2 I imagin in drinking petrol like a ar$e tho

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Whilst you're right, he likes to think outside the box a bit. Hence the car being a bit lairy on the exterior for most people. He doesn't care what people think of it, he loves it...

535318_10150715936967723_1533517405_n.jpg

That pictures actually a few month old now - i was up there the other day rolling my arches and he's made a load of carbon parts himself... front splitter, sill spat thingys etc. He'll soon be making some carbon doors for it.

That looks so hilarious I like it. Turbo'd K20 is mental in that.

Disastra Coupe
£2500 is a lot to spend of a little c2 to get the conversion done stuck between corsa z20 or v6 c2 I imagin in drinking petrol like a ar$e tho

It does drink the v6 lol.

That looks so hilarious I like it. Turbo'd K20 is mental in that.

Lol... That's why i like it. Plus the fact he's done all the work himself. He's even gone to the hassle of moulding the ep3 clocks into the c2 dash!

314053_10150277648402723_228420946_n.jpg

Disastra Coupe
I actually don't think it's all that hideous tbh. It's the Maxi kit which is used on rally c2's iirc and it looks quite purposeful imo. The VW green is a bit out there for a lot of people but i think it actually suits it. With the engine's it's had in the past the lairy colour kinda suits the lairyness of the car. This engine more so!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a type R speedo to me? Just with some lockwood looking dial kit.

Car looks herendous but it's got a spec to match it looks so it gets away with it. Plus you've already mentioned he doesnt care what people think..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Looks like a type R speedo to me? Just with some lockwood looking dial kit.

Car looks herendous but it's got a spec to match it looks so it gets away with it. Plus you've already mentioned he doesnt care what people think..

Yea possibly a dial kit.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its probably due to the white inserts at the top. I only had my CTR a week and can tell theyre the same..;) lol

Moving on..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That honda engined one is a proper bit of kit by the looks of it.

I think that the combination of colour and kit is a bit of a mismatch but who cares if he likes it TBH.

I'd have it with that kit in a plain colour or maybe some stickers like a rally car, but thats just personal preference and at least the kit gives him space for decent sized wheels and tyres and the right track width etc, so im sure its useful as well as visual.

Disastra Coupe
I'll give a bit of background and answer some questions along the way as i've known Craig for a large chunk of my life now so can tell you a lot about it...

Basically it had a different bodykit and was red with a decal kit in Craig's first look with it... He then fitted this kit and painted it Lamborghini orange and had a company in Scotland (mentioning no names) fit a Supercharger kit - who basically fucked him over and the engine quickly blew up (it was also featured in PFC magazine like this if anyone remembers it).
It was at that point Gaz (owner of the white c2 v6) came into play and installed the v6 for Craig and iirc Craig sorted the Nos kit out on it. After a while with the v6 it kept eating driveshafts and the engine started getting tired so Craig's had it off the road for the last 18 month, resprayed it, repaired bit's of the kit that needed it, completely re-worked the interior, made a lot of custom carbon parts and of course installed the k20 lump. He's working alongside TDI North now on the turbo conversion. They supplied him with a manifold which he's measured up where everything needs to be last week and on Saturday he took it back to them for it to be machined and then it's being sent to America to be Zircon plated.
He's had to order a pedal box as the turbo's going to sit where the brake master cylinder would have been so there's plenty of niggles along the way.

Basically he's reckoning 5 weeks before it's on the road, but knowing Craig he'll find something else to do to it so i'm saying more 8-10 weeks lol.

As for the dials, it's got a Plasma dial kit so it will look slightly different :)