ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had experience with active subwoofers?

Golf GTI 1.8T
As my cars midget size I only need something to give it a bit more bass, are they any good?

Previous owner installed Infinity components in the front so mid and hi is good,
I need something I can quickly fit in the boot and take out when I need the space, which is very limited already lol

If not think I'll have a go at making something like this without the shitty 6x9's!

58ea_12.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
got a model number? some ive seen online look uuuge!

this 150w kenwood one looks alright, possbily fit it in the passenger footwell.

KENWOOD-KSC-SW1.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
think im gonna go for this tiny little bugger!

good price and got good specs plus the smallest.

• Requires only 80mm height clearance
  • 150W MOSFET Amplifer
  • Nominal Input power: 50W
  • 21cm×13cm (12.8 x 20.8cm) Flat Oval Aluminium Woofer
  • Aluminium Die-cast heat-sink
  • Wired Remote Control-for adjustment of phase, cutoff, frequency and gain control from the drivers seat.
  • RCA and speaker level Inputs
  • Frequency Response: 40 Hz-200 Hz
  • Built-in variable Low-pass filter: 50 Hz-125 Hz (- 12dB/oct.)
  • External size: 280 mm (W) ×80 mm (H) ×200 mm (D)
PIONEER-TS-WX11A.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ I picked up that one earlier and fitted it, f**k has it got some punch. Paid £115 with a wiring kit.

Had to turn the HU bass to -3 and the controller shown above has both dials at about 1/4, well pleased. Defo recommend! shoulda got one for the clio.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
^ I picked up that one earlier and fitted it, f**k has it got some punch. Paid £115 with a wiring kit.

Had to turn the HU bass to -3 and the controller shown above has both dials at about 1/4, well pleased. Defo recommend! shoulda got one for the clio.

M1TCH

Sorry to bring this back from the abyss but I’ve just purchased the same sub, can I inquire where you took the power feed from? The supplied wiring kit doesn’t seem to have the sort of connecter that would go straight to the battery in a conventional Amp/Sub set up.

R2TR

Clio Trophy/Boxster
Unfortunately the Sub has a separate Pioneer loom rather than a conventional wiring kit, my current plan is to just change the connecter at the end of this I just wanted to check if anyone else had experience with this or a better idea. I’m loathe to start threading wires through the bulkhead again :(

R2TR

Golf GTI 1.8T
Cheers John, he pm'd me. I dont go on the rest of the forum anymore really. Didn't even know you'd got yaself a new beast.

RENAULT CLIOSPORT 172
just bought myself a cliosport 51 plate and was wondering if any body knew how simple it is to wire a jbl 1000watt sub & a mudent amp to power,that is what i have got from my last car,and hoping to install it all in my clio,any ideas boyz?