ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had S2 and S3...

Maybe a 172 Cup..
So my contract is up in a month, and have decided on a Galaxy. Currently have an HTC Desire, which although not a bad phone, I've had a lot of issues with, so obvious that I'm not bothered about latest technology by a long way!!

Basically I really fancy an S2, but want to know if an S3 is worth extra 10-15 a month. Use phone obviously for calls, text and bit of internet. No streaming or sky go etc.....

What do you reckon....

2014 Focus Titanium
Definitely. But I would wait until the S4 is announced/released then the S3 will be cheaper, or go the whole hog and buy and S4.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Only had a look on Vodafone site yet, but can't see Nexus on there. Anyone know if is going to be available? Am not gonna be buying phone outright.

Also when is S4 due, as really can't put up with Desire for long after contract is up, gonna end up losing my mind..

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Had both. S3 really isn't much better in my opinion.

As above though get a Nexus 4, buy it out right and stick a rolling contract in it.

Nexus 4 > all.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I have an S2, had the option to upgrade to the S3, turned it down, got a cheap SIM only contract and pocketed the extra 20 quid a month it saves me. Best decision I've made, the S3 is obviously better, but all I do is browse the web and text/call, so paying out for a slightly more advanced phone seemed pointless to me. Extra 20 quid to spend down the pub each month, guess it depends on your priorities.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Can't comment on the S2 . But went from a HTC Desire HD to an S3 in December . The S3 is just alot better phone imo . More user friendly , takes better pictures , the video i would say they're both on a parr . But the battery life on the S3 is imense compared to the HTC . Also the HTC looks battered n bruised even though it's always been in a case , the paint chips off the aluminium and it looks tatty after a while . Plus i like the larger screen on the S3 especially when using the sat nav . Either get an S3 or wait for the S4 which will be out in a couple of months .

Focus RS, 182 gone
You definitly need to check out the HTC one x+. The upgraded version of the one x. I went from a desire hd to it. Once the s3 came out HTC released it to make sure they had the best phone. The battery life was increased, processing speed was increased and its got 64gb of storage memory. If you read the reviews it's an awesome phone. Iv had it since the day it came out and had no problems with it. Whatever you choose, don't buy an I phone lol

107 Track Car & C4
I've got the S2 and my girlfreind has got the S3, yes it is better, but not worth the extra 10-15 a month.

Have both sitting here , is the S3 better , hell yes , is it big , yes , but when i pick up my old atrix the atrix feels small and heavy .

is it worth the extra money a month , only you know what 10-15 quid a month means to you and how much it will get used .....

use mine a lot , and it often saves me having to pick up a tablet .

Screen size you will love and it fits in a pocket fine .

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
The HTC One is out in a few weeks, which has better screen, camera, more RAM etc. You risk being stuck on an old version of Android sooner if going for a One X+ as HTC like to stop supporting stuff once 18+ months old.

You definitly need to check out the HTC one x+. The upgraded version of the one x. I went from a desire hd to it. Once the s3 came out HTC released it to make sure they had the best phone. The battery life was increased, processing speed was increased and its got 64gb of storage memory. If you read the reviews it's an awesome phone. Iv had it since the day it came out and had no problems with it. Whatever you choose, don't buy an I phone lol

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Vodafone don't sell the Nexus 4. I personally enjoy the S2, don't think there's much of a difference between the 2 to 3.
One handset you might want to consider is the Xperia Z? I personally am an iPhone nerd, but the Z is pretty hot.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
was slightly put off by the size of the S3, but tbh ive got used to it. It fits in your pocket fine with no issues.

yes it feels slightly cheaper than an iphone. but it does just as much and the large screen is fantastic.

When i use m y mates ip5 now it feels tiny!