ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have a photo of how the Powerflex bush sleeves need to be tack welded?

172 ph1
I had them fitted 2 years ago but have no idew whether the garage did the job properly.

Don't really know how to check tbh. Is it something I can check without having another garage dismantle the suspension?

There's also a soft bang in the suspension during warmer months at low speed under braking/acceleration, which has dissapeared now that it's cold, so perhaps it's just the bolt that needs tightening? A Renault garage recently took a look at the suspension and declared it free of play.

172 ph1
help :/

following on from seeing this

The sleeves do move quite a bit if not tacked, mine did over a years use on track. Although it sort of shows some (well, a lot) of the stuff on this forum is b*llocks as I was told not to bother, then this happened. Whipped them off, adjusted, welded and refitted. Done another 16 months without issue. They looked like this once moved..

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

The sleeves have moved in my pics (i.e. they are in the wrong position)

The sleeves should be flush up with the inside of the wishbone, then tack welded on the outer edge. I just ran 3 x half inch welds equally spaced round the wishbone on all of them. Then the bush goes in and sits flush on the inside against the wishbone :)

172 ph1
The sleeves have moved in my pics (i.e. they are in the wrong position)

The sleeves should be flush up with the inside of the wishbone, then tack welded on the outer edge. I just ran 3 x half inch welds equally spaced round the wishbone on all of them. Then the bush goes in and sits flush on the inside against the wishbone :)
Thanks!

I assume there's no way to check without taking the suspension apart?