ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know anything about stretched tyres?

secret
Bascailly ive just bought my mrs some new wheels for her mini, 7x15 and 8x15 rear but she wants stretched tyres but i dnt know much about them, what do u rekoment for decent looks but good drivability?

Thanks

RS6 C7
i had 8x15 on my clio, you want 185 45 15 , Im not sure what size to put on 7x15 , Nankang are the only tyre that make 185 45 15, Drives the same as any other setup. I wouldnt do more than a 10mm stretch though as it starts to look wrong.

secret
On a 8j wheel? It was the 7j fronts i was unsure about as she was gona have the 195 45 toyo t1r on the rear but wanted tyres to match lol

Oh. No idea on wheel size sorry lol!

I'll dig out a pic, one sec...

6258969368_3dcec59d8e.jpg

m_AceCafe_11 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Sorry, best I have, thought I had something closer (hope you don't mind Adam)... :(

No idea on your wheel size.

Depending on how much info you want/need it might be worth joining the golfgti forum, plenty of chaps on there with mk1/2/3 golfs with stretched tyres

secret
Had tyres fitted now :) 175.50.15 on 8J :D

173a560d.jpg

19bfe04e.jpg

Ive put on the bbs centre caps i made now ( gona redo them though ) gold valve covers and silver and gold glitter dice dust caps

They look really smart and im really happy with them, trial fitted a rear on earlier and i think i will just sit in the arch after clilovers arive that is :)

Thanks for looking

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Never understood why you would stretch your tyres, is there any advantage to it or is it just cosmetic.

secret
Just for looks as far as i know mate, not my cup of tea as it is a low and slow game but my gf loves the euro look so thats fine by me

I think that's more of a side effect (haha like what I did there?) than a specific advantage. Think it's mainly cosmetic, and to help them avoid rubbing with 120mm drops lol

Suzuki Ignis
Oh, I thought the side effect was the cosmetic aspect. I honestly thought a small amount of stretch was a race thing and dubbers just caught on and took it to the extreme.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if you have stretched tyres keep checking ur pressures if they get to low they will pop off the bead and rapidly deflate causing the tyre to go flat instantly.

i would never feel safe with stretched tyre on my car and it only looks good on some cars .

secret
Wheels are on.....

57389cae.jpg

Coilover will be on in a week or so but cant go much lower, the front splitter is already around 1 and half inches off the floor