ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know what this is?

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Hey,

Had some problems with my brakes recently. Took the wheel off to take a better look and spotted this cable that appears to be snapped off from somewhere, but I cant see where.

1000041ga5.jpg

1000042uf6.jpg

Anyone got any ideas what the cable is? Sorry for bad quality pics, it was cold and dark couldnt keep steady :)

Thanks,
James

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
your cv boot looks split judging by the amout of grease around the hub?!

RS Meg 175
yeh i thought that! ^^ lol looks really greased up! check you havent got some on your discs, that might be the cause as everything else seems to have a nice covering :p lol

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Lol funny you should say that, it was broken but a new one has just been fitted. The garage got f**king grease everywhere and didnt even clean it up!

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
wonder if the garage broke the wear indicator?

Thats what I thought, no way to prove it though even if they did!

Im not taking my car back to them again though anyways, they also fitted a new pipe to my exhaust and did a pants job the exhaust was hanging about 2 inches from the car when i got it back. Took it back to them and then they had another look and gave it back to me still hanging off. Took a look myself and they had not even hooked the rubbers on that hold the exhaust up !!! :mad:

clio mk1
they are just the wires for the wear indicator, i had same prob as u when i bought my car it had new pads an they didnt even have connections for the wires, ive just hidden mine out of the way, u dont need them just keep an eye on the pads from time to time.