ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know where to buy Renault paint

I need some Black Pearlescent paint to do some colour coding....looked in halfords and theres not a single renault colour there and the nearest Renault dealer is miles away :(

Are there any mail oder companies that do it ?

I need stuff thats made for going on plastics

Cheers
RIOT

Read it again paddy.......;)

Nearest Renault dealer is a long...long...long...way away

Do halfords normally have Renault paint then ?
Mine jumps from Proton to Rover:mad:

Lionel Richie

RIOT, DONT COLOUR CODE IT YOURSELF!!!!! ITLL LOOK PARP!!!!

Save your money and get it done properly

GR7

Shiny red R32

You will need special primer for the plastic first.

Copy the paint code from underneath the bonnet, take it to your local bodyshop/coachbuilder and they will mix the paint up for you. They can mix any colour from any manufacturer.

Better still, let them do the whole job for you!

If you are going to get a bodyshop to colourcode it check if they are using ICI paint .Mine was painted in February (bumper & Bonnet) and the paint is coming off the bumper, the ICI bloke said theyve had bother with the primer for plastics. Booked in next week for respray,hope I get that lovely red Daihatsu YRV courtesy car again:sick:

since i work there i can tell you halfords have pearl black renault paint, i know this because i have the exact paint in a touch up pen.

they dont even need to mix it, its a stocked paint!

its on your oval plate mate........check to be sure, but yes.

Its on the drivers side B pillar, near the bottom.

I bought the same black whilst colour coding my engine cover so it should be there.

The paint rack should be in order of manufacturer then the paint name.

-Rob

Clio v6

"ben is there 3 diffrent shades of the ice berg silver or just the 1??"

I have just spoken to my spray shop about this topic.

Iceburg Silver has 2 shades on most bodyshop matching cards. BRIGHT and NOT SO BRIGHT.

I got Iceburg 640 from Halfords, it was a reasonable match straight from the tin, but Renaults are painted very thinly indeed. The bodyshop save a fortune buying paint for Reanults ( they charge you for normal use but they only need to use a tiny wee drop to match factory paint ):cry:

Plus, you really need water based paint made up ( warranty and EU laws etc ) .

One way I found to get it matched, was to use a hobby spray gun, where you can use thinners ( about 3 - 1 ).

The clear coat is a totally different ball game though. Some professionals will actually mix the lacquer into the paint for a "factory finish". This cant really be done using Halfords paint cans.

Tip 1. Do not put any polish on the newly painted panel for at least a week. ( the polish eats into the paint, softens it and then it simply peels off. ( at high speeds );)

Tip 2. Get it done properly by trained sprayers who will bake the paint in an oven.

PS. This is only my bodyshop mans opinion.

I was only planning on doing small bits by myself peeps dont worry :)
Things like the strip around the mirrors etc.. just to save the odd pound or two ;)

The bodyshop im going to has a weird pricing system e.g. one piece no matter what size or shape is a certain price so a titchy bit would cost the same as say half of the side bump strips

Hence the reason why im doing little bits myself