ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know why.......

Audi S3

both My fog lights just suddenly just stopped working ?? its not the fuse cheaked that. the light on the dash come on but the lights dont any ideas peeps?

Matt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

trying to aquaplane to france again? tut tut

sorry couldnt resist try below

clio 20v

could be the relay, try changin the bulbs and seeing if theres voltage at the light

if not see if theres voltage coming off the relay

otherwise check the connectors at the lights but unlikely if theyve both gone off

Abarth Grande Punto

i dont think its the relay cos on mine the light on the dash doesnt work without it. I guess youve either blown both bulbs or the loom has come unclipped!

Abarth Grande Punto

im lost then mate sorry! have you checked for any damage of the leads. Try putting a meter on the wires to see if the voltage is getting to the bulbs.

That should really solve it i recon

Clio 1.6 16V

As miltage2 suggests, switch you lamps on at the dash and stick a voltmeter across the bulb holder contacts. If you get 12-14V the bulb or contacts/holder are faulty. If you dont get any volts across the contacts, try the meter between chassis/ground/battery -ve and each holder contact in turn. If you get ziltch on both there is no power between your supply relay and lamps. With a working bulb in the holder, if you get 12-14v showing on both contacts you have a dodgy earth return. Hope that makes sense;)

Mine didnt work when I got the car.

By chance, I had the dash off while cleaning it and noticed that the wire joint had worked apart just behind the switch on the dash. Have you tried that?

Audi S3

Ok FS i didnt get any of that, not that great with the electrics of the car!

Ben if im right with what u r saying then if the wire behind the switch was not conected properly the light wouldent come on on the dash!

think ill have to take it to a garage but really dont want to cuz every time i do they either screw summit up or dont fix it properly!!

Matt