ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone linked the dash shift light to a better place?

182 inside
Today my friend and I took the dash off his 172 cup and linked up a bright blue LED shift light from the existing one and mounted it in a place where you can actually see it.

I'll do a 'how to' asap. works a treat! ;)

Ph1
Today my friend and I took the dash off his 172 cup and linked up a bright blue LED shift light from the existing one and mounted it in a place where you can actually see it.

I'll do a 'how to' asap. works a treat! ;)

Any update on this mate? :)

You can spot the ones on this thread who havent done track days of 1/4 miles by the daft replys :rasp:

Any update on this mate? :)

You can spot the ones on this thread who havent done track days of 1/4 miles by the daft replys :rasp:

no, you can spot the ones who know when to change gear properly... which is a fraction before when the shift light comes on.

Fair play to you graham i think its a good idea i wanted to do it a while back but couldnt be arsed removing my dash

106 GTi
possibly worth it if it was really an optimum shift light, but its not! only time i ever see mine is in 5th gear ;)

Indeed - the warning your a milli second away from the limiter makes it worthless. Makes sense as it is the Over Rev Warning Light.