ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone not got an oil leak

Just want to know if anyone has checked their 182 and found they dont hav an oil leak??

I had my first service last month (only done 300m since) and last night I thought I would check the oil level.....

so when I do I find the oil is over filled! I take off engine cover and what do I find oil leaking from the 4 nuts (cant discribe where) and pools of oil!!!

Also my brake fluid resivior is coved in oil... or it could be brake fluid im not sure....

what are your thoughts what should I do??

tiTTy & SV650

i took mine to the dealer telling them they needed to take the rocker cover off and seal it. they just torqued up the bolts, still leaking. Next time they will have to fix it properly I;ll make sure of it.

Hate to say it but I think its normal.....

Its going in on monday for the engine mount fix....... dont want any unnecessary work done!

renault seem to make things worse..

tiTTy & SV650

it is normal, sh_t happens, but its fixable with some RTV (silicon) probably a 2 day job to give the RTV time to cure (usually 12-24hrs) then it can be compressed like a gasket. As for the bolts, some loctite will do the trick.

Ultra Red Megane R26

My 182 went into Renault for its first service a week and a bit ago. I got it back with an oil leak as you described and my brakes not working. They supposedly sealed the rocker cover leak and replaced offside front calliper. Brakes are better but still not brilliant as they were.

I checked for this the other day and my 182 is 11 months old. I dont have the slightest trace of oil leaking anywhere i must have got a rare one :D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

had a lot of oil leaks from the vapour collector on the rocker cover. very strange though as they have all been 182s never done a 172.

Ford Fiesta

mine is still letting a little out of 2 botls on the drivers side of the engine. Not enough for it to collect anywhere, like 182_blues pics on ere a while back. But there all the same. Maybe if they were the front bolts the oil would run into the grooves and make it look worse.

It has to be said I think even on 182_blues that had a lot coming out he didnt notice the level changing. Mine has been like this months now and it hasnt used a drop if I go by the digi indicator or the dipstick!

dunno what to do really. It seems its almost "normal" for 182s to have this "feature".

I have just taken cover off as mine is in for 12K service in morning so took it off for them to make it easier. Thing is with cover on I would never have noticed.