ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone painted their car themselfs?

Clio 172
wrapping is not easy. but your going to get better results tha paint. I did it with a friend (vital tbh) on my fiesta and it took 20 hours. on a hot day helped as no heat gun was needed for most.

Google the vinyl warehouse it has it all cheap. cost me £70 in wrap get the biggest and one of the smaller 5m will be enough foe a Clio.

my thought was, if I fail. its only £70

don't go dark Matt grey. it was not dark! lol here's some pics..

P1020684_zpseb659be3.jpg

P1020294.jpg

P1020291.jpg

20120806_133546.jpg

I should have taken more time in certain places, joins you should use a ruler instead of mashing it with a scapel and as you can see at the numberplate, not good.

At first it was a bombsite of bubbles and I was a little disheartened, but they all went away with popping and it was literally just a few niggles here and there and the joins looked crap and that, but it was a track **** and looked great on track!

208411_10151155963021919_1208472654_n.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 172 cup
haha i was looking at the 'dark' grey and agree doesnt look dark looks like primer haha might try anthracite wrap see if thats a bit darker

Clio 172
pictures make it look better than it was trust me. but it wasn't too much of a show car anyway. if it looked like the last picture I would have been happy but the grey was primer like.

rear reg plate is shabby you can see silver.